Audi Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have had my C-Navi installed and working fine for nearly a year now...only problem is I get no navigation info in the DIS. I have followed Dan's instructions and for a C Navi in a car with analogue clock there is supposedly no CAN bus -hence the Nav plus communicates via clock / date /enable wires.

If I follow Dans info and add 16000 to the value in 17, Instruments on VAG com I get the radio /cd info showing in the DIS ..but no Navigation info.

I'm beginning to wonder if the C -Navi never showed navigation info in the DIS ?...can anyone with a C-Navi confirm otherwise......and can anyone help me get this last piece of the jigsaw in place ..

I've come a long way going from concert single din to navigation plus and a unit that's done more miles than me !(bought from ebay germany shipped to me in UK - then I shipped the faceplate to the US for Jon Lofquist to swap from A8 to A6).

All of this is originally thanks to Dan's site and the help of people on this site too - but I really need to sort this last piece out ...

I have VAG Com and am in the UK ...the Car is a 98 A6 (C5 model)

Thanks in advance
Nick

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update - VAG Com shows the folllowing fault...is it related?

Vag Com shows the following..

Control Module Part Number: 4D0 035 192 E Component and/or Version: Radio 0004
Software Coding: 00017
Work Shop Code: WSC 00000
1 Fault Found:
00854 - Radio Display Output in dash Panel insert
49-00 - No Communications

The sharp eyed will spot this unit is a 4D0 rather than a 4B0 ...it had a faceplate swap thanks to Jon Lofquist !...

I cleared this error thinking it stemmed from original install ...but it's come back so possibly this is related to lack of Nav info in the DIS.
Note - I have radio / cd info showing ....

Appreciate any guidance as I'm off to France on holiday in a week !

Thanks..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.