Audi Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Did you check that CAN high/low are properly connected? Where did you get CAn high/low from?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Considering the problem in your other separate post, your CAN signals are not connected. For your 2000 A6 please download and read my Symphony I to RNS-E installation pdf from my website and follow the instructions in Section 1 exactly.

You cannot simply plug in the RNS-E to the wiring adapter in the 2000 A6 and expect everything to work correctly.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sollution ?

Can i try this ? :

1. Turn on the ignition. Turn on the RNS-E if it does not start with the ignition.
2. Press the “SETUP†and “RADIO†(or FM|AM) buttons for a few seconds until the unit reboots.
3. Input the PIN code. The unit will likely immediately return to the PIN entry screen.
4. If the unit accepts the PIN code, you're done!
5. With the ignition still on, input the PIN code a few more times and wait 15 minutes.
6. Turn the ignition off and wait 30 minutes.
7. Repeat steps 1 through 4.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
they change my harness when they insalled the unit.I gave them pdf file so they did (i think) change it as it should be.Installation was done i Audi DLR...

So can i try reset my unit?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
They may have changed your harness but your CANbus wires are obviously not connected.

Section 1.1.1
Section 1.3.2

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so the reset won't work and i have to visit them again...

Thanks...

You've got a lot of patience...... :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm trying to connect the two "loose" wires from the Kufatec adapter to the CAN HI/LO... I understand I have to tap two of the wires from the 26-pin connector that went into my old RNS-D (I have RNS-E now of course). But what colors of the connectors do I tap? .... have a 2004 A4 B6.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
skoTner said:
I'm trying to connect the two "loose" wires from the Kufatec adapter to the CAN HI/LO... I understand I have to tap two of the wires from the 26-pin connector that went into my old RNS-D (I have RNS-E now of course). But what colors of the connectors do I tap? .... have a 2004 A4 B6.
If you removed the TMC interface and bridged the CAN wires there, then you can use pin T26/13 and T26/26 in the old RNS-D connector.

·
Registered
18 Posts
That's another thing I'm trying now. But where do I locate the TMC box thing where I can bridge the CAN?

I've heard it's down on the drivers side somewhere... But there are many.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The TMC box is in the trunk, driver side. After removing the trim you should be able to see the black box holding it. Getting the box out may be a pain but you may be able to reach through the opening to remove the plugs without removing the box itself.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Located in the trunk on the Avant as well? ... have built a new "room" back there that makes access to the sides difficult.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I would say yes. At least do I have in my Avant the black box that usually holds the BNS navi or CD changer and the SAT radio module.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts