Audi Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Browsed a lot through this and Scoty's forum, and have just one question remaining before going for the BT upgrade in my 2004 S4:

My current EU RNS-E is hw version H48, it has sw version 0360 (map 2005_2) and a "classic" BT FSE module (8P0 862 335 D) and want to upgrade to the newest version (8P0 862 335 C or F). The reason I want this, is to be able to dial from my cellphone's addressbook. Currently I can use the BT function, but only by dialing numbers from the handset itself.

Will the address book thing work or will I only get the possibility to dial numbers from the RNS-E because I have "older" H48 head-unit and not H71?

If so, will it be easy to swap my "normal 3-spoke steering wheel without any buttons" to the latest MFSW by only replacing the steeringwheel/airbag, or do I need to add a lot of cabling and electronics?

Thanks in advance!

best regards

S4udibert

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
For the steering wheel I would recommend to follow the other discussion in this forum.

Regarding the hardware I can say that you will be fine. The software is what makes the new phone features available (except for SDS which requires different hardware). And based on what has been posted os far, as soon as you install the new phone interface with index C or F you will get the additional phone features.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thx, will let you know the result after I installed it!

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
My RNS-E is HW 047, and I get full phonebook dialling with my Nokia 6230.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It works!

Today my dealer replaced the 8P0 862 335 D BT-interface with the newer 8P0 862 335 F and - after recoding correctly - now my H48 RNS-E fully supports BT functionality, including phonebook integration (on my Nokia 6310[v5.51], MDA Vario/Qtek 9100 as well as my very new Samsung P300!).

Thanks all forum members for your help (and especially Scoty for the Manual on his site)!

He also installed my Phatbox on a very neat place (will post photo's later), but I need the exact wiring scheme to make this really work.

regards,

S4udibert

1 - 5 of 5 Posts