Audi Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was thinking of changing my gen 1 phone prep for a BT, There is one on ebay but the PN is 8E0 862 335 A, Is the A revision as good as the later ones?

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
brick-it said:
Was thinking of changing my gen 1 phone prep for a BT, There is one on ebay but the PN is 8E0 862 335 A, Is the A revision as good as the later ones?
IIRC the A version doesn't support the "extended commands" to fully integrate with the RNS-E. Please correct me if this is wrong.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Dave you are correct, interfaces with no index and index "A", "D" and "E" do not support the extended commands. The US "B" and Euro "C" interfaces are the first that do so.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx for the help guys, am i correct in believing the 'C' revision is the latest euro model available?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I dont think the 8E0 interface is bluetooth at all. I believe the only bluetooth enabled phone interface for CAN based cars is the 8P0 unit.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Check the quick links for part number, "H" is the newest BT interface right now.

·
Registered
29 Posts
PetrolDave said:
brick-it said:
IIRC the A version doesn't support the "extended commands" to fully integrate with the RNS-E. Please correct me if this is wrong.
What is included in the "extended commands"? I know my RNS-E is to old for the SDS-stuff but if I get, say a BT-unit 335 D, what other features will I miss out on and what do you mean Dave by not "fully integrate with the RNS-E"?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
This is what the extended functionality is:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ok thanks,
I guess thats what you´re after in the first place by getting a BT-unit. So basically, with a 335 D-unit all I can do on my RNS-E/MFSW is to answer calls and get the sound through the speakers? (Sounds boring :lol: )

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
TDI-Power said:
Ok thanks,
I guess thats what you´re after in the first place by getting a BT-unit. So basically, with a 335 D-unit all I can do on my RNS-E/MFSW is to answer calls and get the sound through the speakers? (Sounds boring :lol: )
Yep - boring but true!

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
TDI-Power said:
Thanks guys!
I just have to stay away from the A, D and E-units then...
Go for an H if available, if not get an M.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ok Dave, thanks.
Just out of interest, why these units? As I understand I won´t be able to get SDS anyway since my RNS-E is 192 C with H44 in it. Are there any other benefits from having one of the latest released BT-units? I take it they are all compatible with my old RNS-E :?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The firmwar in the phone interface gets constantly updated to work with more/newer phone. That's why you should get the newest phone interface.

As an example, rumor has it that the Nokia N73 with software 3.0638.0.0.1 works with the "H" phone interface (source: Motor-Talk.de). So if someone says my phone x work in my 2007 Audi, that doesn't mean that the same phone will work in your 2006 Audi (just as an example).

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
AudiA4B6US said:
The firmware in the phone interface gets constantly updated to work with more/newer phones. That's why you should get the newest phone interface.
Exactly.

·
Registered
71 Posts
PetrolDave said:
TDI-Power said:
Thanks guys!
I just have to stay away from the A, D and E-units then...
Go for an H if available, if not get an M.
I can get a used, 8P0 862 335 G Bluetooth interface, will it work in European A4-B7 2005, with RNS-E H44 sw0500 + MFSW + Red DIS ?

Peet

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The "G" is a US interface, the only language it supports is English US and the list of supported phones is different as well. Also, if this is from ebay, there's a lot garbage out there recently with fake part numbers and so. The interface is new about 270 Euros when bought in Germany at the dealer. Long term getting a new one may save you some money.

·
Registered
71 Posts
AudiA4B6US said:
The "G" is a US interface, the only language it supports is English US and the list of supported phones is different as well. Also, if this is from ebay, there's a lot garbage out there recently with fake part numbers and so. The interface is new about 270 Euros when bought in Germany at the dealer. Long term getting a new one may save you some money.
Thanks for your advice, it’s from a Dutch selling site like eBay, called ’’ marktplaats.nl ‘’
I know enough, I don’t burn my fingers one it. (€150,=)

Peet

1 - 19 of 19 Posts