Audi Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally installed BT in my car and surprisingly everything worked! :D

I decided to just remove OnStar without coding it to turn off the battery...

Installation went smoothly and it seems like my phone (SLVR L7) works fine with BT.

A few underwater stones I encountered during this install:

Triple Square Torx (for removing the seat) - I went to SEARS, LOEWS, NAPA, PEP BOYS and none of them had it! I ended up borrowing it from my local auto shop.

I still don't know whether I should VAG telematics module and turn off backup battery. I decided not to do it and just pull it out.

I removed back seat to I could move from seat further back. I didn't disconnect the plugs in the seat, just moved it as far as possible.

I found it easier to open the plastic box that holds OnStar by pulling it out from the floor first.

Also I'd like to thank NSXJR and AudiA4B6US for all help they provided. You guys are great! Thank you!

I haven’t changed any codes for DIS or RNS-E since everything seems to work fine.

Also my BT module is coded with 0010777. I’m not sure what these mean but since it looks like everything works, I decided not to change them.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Only if you disconnect the main battery and leave the OnStar system installed/connected you need to disable the backup battery becaus eit would discharge if you don't. If you pull the whole OnStar system out there is no need to code the OnStar interface to turn off the backup battery. Your BT coding looks fine for somebody in the US with an RNS-E, so you should be all set then.

Enjoy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.