Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I have a "B" unit BT module that was previously installed (and working) in another RS6. It was coded to work with a Euro RNS-E. I have a US RNS-E installed in my car and will be hooking up the BT soon. Will I need to recode the BT module? Will I need to recode the RNS-E? I am going to remove the existing OnStar (which does mute the RNS-E now) and use the same wiring/mic for the BT. My thinking is that I should not need to recode either unit...

Thanks for any insight on this...

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
You probably don't have to recode the BT module, but likely will need to recode the RNS-E for telephone because it may not have been coded for it with the OnStar.

As a general rule, I would always check the coding of any device you install into your car.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have coding for the RNS-E at: 0509631, so it is coded already for "US Telematics (supply voltage microphone inactively)" so I am thinking all the coding should be fine. I also have the DIS working for OnStar (which is coming out) as well as NAV and Radio.

Once I get the BT module, I'll check the coding there.

My hope is that I will just need to swap some pins to install the module, and I should be in business.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Are you running the 0110 US software? Without you won't get the additional phone features. if you say it was working with a Euro RNS-E, was the BT interface allready coded for "High" to support getting controlled via RNS-E?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes, I am running 0110 software. I am not sure on the coding of the BT module as I do not have it yet, but I was told that it was working with full function on a Euro RNS-E (US-spec car.) The unit is from another member of this forum who recently sold his Audi. He had some problems initially, but apparently it was from a loose wire in his harness.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Peter, if your coding is already set to US Telematics on your RNS-e you should be ready to go after install. Good luck.

Bajo

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Bajo, still lurking around here huh? I figured I would be fine with the coding on the unit but just double checking before I get too involved with the install. With the OnStar installed, when I hit the "TEL" button, I just get the "Telephone is not available" on the screen. I am assuming this will change once the BT module is hooked up. I read elsewhere on the forum that a reset of the RNS-E may be required after the BT is hooked up - will have to see on that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts