Audi Forum banner

BT interface - I cannot connect to it using VAG-COM

8K views 28 replies 9 participants last post by  AudiA4B6US 
#1 ·
I installed a bluetooth interface to my RNS-E using a cable from Cufatec. I have tried to connect to the bluetooth box using VAG-COM, but got the message "no response from controller"

I figured the reason was that the K-line was not connected, so i connected pin 15 on the bluetooth box to the K-line on the back of the RNS-E. After this I got the message "Too many communication errors to continue" from VAG-COM. I tried several times to connect but with no luck.

The Bluetooth box part number is 8P0 862 335.

Any ideas to what might be the problem ?

#4 ·
When I played with my OEM BT interface, I had similar issues. Using a HEX-CAN USB it took several attempts before it finally connected. I had also more success using the k-wire from the ODB plug instead of the K-wire from the radio plug (which is the L-wire or K2-wire).

#6 ·
kitora said:
I am using a genuine VAG-COM cable from Ross-tech and the newest release of the software, so that's not where the problem is. :cry:
By newest do you mean 5.12? There have been problems with that release and Ross Tech have released 5.12-1.

Download that and try again.

If it still doesn't work then I would start by checking the K-line is connected to your BT module.

#7 ·
I do use VAG-COM 512-1 and even updated the firmware in my interface cable.

I'm absolutely sure the K-Line is connected, becaus when I pull the K-Line wire out of the connector I get a different message "No response from controller"

I initially pulled the K-Line from the climate control to the Navigation unit, and now I have connected the bluetooth box to the same wire. Could that be my problem ? (noise on the wire, or to many units on the same wire..)

#10 ·
Re: Did you have a wired Telematics system before the bluetooth

CZVT07 said:
Could both boxes be trying to communicate?
I doubt it since they have different adresses. The Navigation unit has address 56 and the bluetooth box has address 77.

Besides I already tried disconnecting the navigation while trying to connect to the bluetooth box.

#11 ·
Try the 504, that is the only one that works for me the 510 512 512.1 will not comunicate withe the nav nor BT.

how do u updated the firmware in the interface cable?

#13 ·
CZVT07 said:
I meant two TEL modules. An older wired TEL module under the pasenger seat and the new blue tooth one that you installed.
Two devices connected and responding on the same address are definitely causing issues.

#14 ·
There is only the one telephone interface box. Trust me, I installed it myself... :D

BTW, it's in an Audi A2, and neither the RNS-E or Bluetooth box came with the car.

I still haven't found a solution, so any other ideas would be apreciated.

#15 ·
audi1 said:
how do u updated the firmware in the interface cable?
It happens automatically when you first connect to the car using the new version of VAG-COM.

#17 ·
I also ahve teh same problem, as i just posted with out seeing this(woops no search button)..

THough i did not connect teh k-line as the directions on here said dont bother..

I am glad the bluetooth does work though..Just no DIS screen so far and no phone book on my nokia which is wierd ot me..

If we should connect k-line to another source can someone post a diagram or picture so i can have my guy install it. He knows electronics, just not audi's..

Thanks alot
-Scott

#18 ·
I can now communicate with the module without any problems. I bought a new phone interface box 8P0-862-335-G. However the RNS-E still says there's no phone installed even though the BT works.

I need to play around with the coding a little bit to see if I can get a better result. My RNS-E SW version is 140, and in most of the topics I see in here people have SW version 110. Maybe that's causing me some problems ?

PS: The K-Line has to be connected to pin 15 on the phoneadapter. I used one of the spare wires in the kufatec cable and connected the other end on the K-Line pin on the back of the RNS-E. (the schematics on the back of the RNS-E will show you which pin it is :wink: )

#19 ·
Sw 0140 is the old Euro software without the phone features. To get the new features you will need to get a 2005_1 or newer Euro DVD with software 0330 or newer (current Euro DVD is 2006 with sw 0450). In the use you will need US sw 0110 to get the new features.

#23 ·
In this case it is the original European software which does not include the additional phone features.

If you are in Europe, get the European 2005_1/0330, 2005_2/0360 or 2006/0450 DVD. These DVDs will allow you to update your RNS-E and get the additional phone features.

If you are in the US you will need to flash your Euro unit with the US software 0110. Look at the quick links on how to do this. The SOFIDX you should be using is 0150 and if done right you will likely be able to install the next US sw update without further modifications.

#24 ·
I'm in Europe, so I need the European firmware.

However I "found" an image of a DVD on isohunt.com and I just burned a new DVD that the RNS-E actually accepted. The data I can read is now:

SW: 0140
HW: H46
Map: M1N040901-EN0403

So it seems like the map content is different which I can confirm since the street I live in is now included on the map.

This DVD must contain updated firmware, but how do I verify that, and how do I make the RNS-E actually update the firmware from the DVD ?

#26 ·
On the original DVD it is:

SOFIDX:0080
NAVVER:V220028C
AUDVER:A2200087

On the freshly burned DVD it is:

SOFIDX:0100
NAVVER:V220033E
AUDVER:A2200109

So, it is newer, but the firmware update doesn't start automatically when I insert the DVD. Is there anything I need to do to initiate the process ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.