Audi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday I finally got around to installing my BT module. I wired everything up to the RNS-E, got power from tapping a switched fuse, and used the stock wiring for the microphone (tapped into the green and clear wires in the driver footwell).

I hooked the battery back up and turned the ignition to accessory (one step forward). The RNS-E automatically saw the BT module and paired up to my SE T637 with no issues whatsoever. It even pulled my contacts. So I let it call my voice mail and everything worked fine. I called my house to see if the mic was working and it wasn't. So I figure I need to VAG module 77 like PROXUS told me to.

One problem.. I can't access module 77. I'm getting the "No Response from Controller!" dialogue box. I'm using a Ross Tech HEX+CAN USB cord and I've tried switching up my 'Char Int' with no luck.

Is there a chance my microphone isn't working or is more than likely that I just need to somehow gain access to module 77 with VAG?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Try to swap the wires. I had my mic not working at all when I got the wires accidentally swapped.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably the most logical solution. I'll give that a try tonight. Thanks for the quick reply.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TeddyBGame said:
Did you tap into the k-line? That is probably the root of your VAGCOM issues with module 77.
Yep.. it's tapped. Color didn't match exactly. (Diag line from BT unit was black/white and the k-line from the RNS-E was brown/white).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya, it's even stated on their site that it is. I got a reply from Uwe at Ross Tech and he gave me a couple pointers over on AudiWorld so if switching up the polarities on the mic yields no result, I'll see what I can do. Thanks for the reply Alex. (and sorry for blowing up your e-mail box the last couple of days). :oops:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just to complete this thread, it was exactly what AudiA4B6US said. I had reversed the polarity on the microphone wires where I tapped into the stock wiring within the footwell. I took for granted that copper would match up with copper (pos) and aluminum with aluminum (neg). It was the opposite. Odd but hey.. it's working flawlessly and I didn't even have to VAG anything. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts