Audi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How well does the phone kit integrate with Nokias in general? I'm contemplating getting the kit on the new car but, in trying to weight up whether it's "worth it", I need to know what sort of functionality I can expect.

I'm getting the RNS-E and multifunction wheel so I'll have the full integration with those but I've read that the level of integration varies with different phones. I've heard that ONLY the Nokia 8800 works to the fullest extent possible, and I'm not about to fork out for one of those so I need to know what functionality I'd get with my 6230i or similar "non-hideously-expensive" Nokia. I'm prepared to change phones for better functionality but preferably not to stupidly expensive ones like the 8800. I was under the impression that the 8800 and 6230i used the same software anyway but apparently not.

If anyone can give me some idea of what I can expect functionality-wise I'd be grateful.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
I used to have a Nokia 6230i and that was fully compatible with the Audi Bluetooth interface (calls lists and phone book shared).

Then I "upgraded" to a Nokia N70 and that didn't share either the phone book or the call lists, and the Bluetooth connection kept dropping every few minutes - so I got rid of that quickly.

Now I'm using a Sony Ericsson K610i which is also fully compatible and has a reliable Bluetooth connection.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Vertigo1 said:
Sounds good, no problems at all with the 6230i then?
Mine was 100% and I haven't heard of anyone having any problems with the 6230i.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Out of interest, is there a cradle attachment available which fits the 6230i? I realise it will work without being physically attached to the car but it would be nice to have the handset charging whilst on the move.

Is there a list of what cradles are available anywhere?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.