Audi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I got an A3 8P EU 10/2005 and this evening I was able to finish work on my car.

Now I need to set everything trough Vag Codes. I looked for everywhere around the forum, but...I didn't understand which codes I need to set...

I need to set Cluster Instrument which got Computer and check system + Bluetooth ( M series ) + Navi RSN-E ( 8P0 ... ... A )

Where can I look for? Is there anyone Faq about it?

Thanks at all :lol:

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Since you've got an A3 8P you don't need to change settings in the instruments, it's the CAN Gateway you need to change.

You need either a HEX-COM+CAN or HEX-USB+CAN lead.

Open the CAN Gateway with VAG-COM (must be 510 or later) and use the long coding helper.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello,

Thanks answer me.

I got some problems...I tried to connect my original USB Ross Tech cables ( last one avaible )...green light started.
I just installed sw 512.4...

I tried to contact all adresse...and it looks as none was able to answer to my pc request...but my cables become red...and green...

Then...I tried to contact single adresse...for example Airbag, Abs, Radio...so on...and I didn't get anyone answer...as I've nothing working,..

Screen showed " No controller ", It looks as sw not see Can bus

What's wrong? Please help...

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
You need four things:
  • the K-line conected to your RNS-E.
  • either a HEX-USB+CAN or HEX-COM+CAN cable - do you have one of those?
  • HEX-COM version 510 or later.
  • the ignition turned on.
Can you confirm you have all those.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
- the K-line conected to your RNS-E

Yes, it is.

-either a HEX-USB+CAN or HEX-COM+CAN cable - do you have one of those?

Yes, I do

- HEX-COM version 510 or later.

Yes

- the ignition turned on.

Yes

When I saw Navi not working...I get off igniton and I disconnect Navi.
At the same time I tried a lot of time to start Autoscan...but only items which Vag detected is Engine code...

Could it work as Scsi?

Navi Could not working good because my car lean my radio concert code and it can't see Navi system?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Your VAG-COM cable should says HEX+CAN and Dual-K&CAN <-> USB or Dual-K&CAN <-> COM, if it doesn't then your cable may not support CAN which would explain why you can't connect to anything.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AudiA4B6US said:
Your VAG-COM cable should says HEX+CAN and Dual-K&CAN <-> USB or Dual-K&CAN <-> COM, if it doesn't then your cable may not support CAN which would explain why you can't connect to anything.
It's a Ross Tech original cables for A3 8P. I bought from Ross Tech directly...

I don't know...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
PetrolDave said:
You need four things:
I'm using Kufatec adapter for RSN-E. On the negative pin (KL 31) I got two cables...brown and yellow. Brown goes to the power connector ( where's red/white cables too ) and yellow cables goes to the red connector...where's cables for Can and somone others.

Maybe problems coming from there...two cables on the negative pin...it looks strange to me...

What do you think about?

Thanks

·
Registered
158 Posts
bluesun said:
PetrolDave said:
You need four things:
I'm using Kufatec adapter for RSN-E. On the negative pin (KL 31) I got two cables...brown and yellow. Brown goes to the power connector ( where's red/white cables too ) and yellow cables goes to the red connector...where's cables for Can and somone others.

Maybe problems coming from there...two cables on the negative pin...it looks strange to me...

What do you think about?

Thanks
Hi,
problaby the problem is the connections in your RNS-E adaptor. I suggest to make a double check in all connections. Use RNS-E DVD Navigation Plus Quick Links or http://www.nsxjr.com/docs/RNStoSym2.pdf
I have one 8P and I don't have any problem connect with original USB Ross Tech cable.
It works!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts