Audi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has some technical knowledge on this topic. Why are some phones compatible with the audi bluetooth package and others will only see the phone but not download phonebook and other info. Motorola is by far the most compatible of the manufacturers, is this because Audi developed software for this system primarily? Does Motorola use a specific kind of file system that others do not?
It's just fustrating, as i'm sure many of you are, if you want/have a phone for specific features but won't function fully with your vehicle.
Cheers

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
It's been covered many times, it is because of the AT commands that some phones support and others do not.

With these commands you can interogate the phone for the operator, signal strength, pull the phone book across to the phone module etc.

Symbian phones do not support these commands.

In the UK the standard Sony Ericsson phones like the K750, K800 etc work well with the BT kit. An it seems that the Germans like Siemens phones and a lot of them are supported, but no one in the UK or US seems to use them.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Because of the poor functionality with the Bluetooth kit I've given up on my Nokia N70 and got a Sony Ericsson K610i.

I've been a Nokia customer for over 15 years - so they've really messed up to make a loyal customer like me desert them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.