Audi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my new RNS-E I can't adjust the brightness control as in my previous.
In fact the big red wheel that normally can increase or decrease brightness here doesn't has any function. The problem is born cause in night driving i've seen the display of RNS-E changing brightness very often.

Anybody with HW 71 who can control this function?

·
Registered
737 Posts
Maybe its all of the cool new features you gained while adding the SDS?

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
todd1010 said:
Maybe its all of the cool new features you gained while adding the SDS?
For me it's a fault.
It's not so confortable to see the display flashing every time the lighting system of the zone changes.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I was just joking because you gained some really cool features (SDS) and are being punished for your findings.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
todd1010 said:
I was just joking because you gained some really cool features (SDS) and are being punished for your findings.
Tood bad boy :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
155 Posts
For some reason, in my Volkswagen, when I adjust the brightness of the dash lighting, the RNS-E dims its screen along with it.
However, none of the dash lighting on the RNS-E dims because it's on the CAN-BUS? :roll:

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
smash said:
For some reason, in my Volkswagen, when I adjust the brightness of the dash lighting, the RNS-E dims its screen along with it.
However, none of the dash lighting on the RNS-E dims because it's on the CAN-BUS? :roll:
I verified this and increasing and decreasing dash lighting also mine dims buttons lighting and the screen too... I don't understand :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
That is the way it is supposed to behave. The RNS-E screen dims with the "58d" illumination circuit in the car, which is the same as the climate control temperature displays, the DIS, odometer, etc (anything that is illuminated full time with the swtich on).

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
NSX JR said:
That is the way it is supposed to behave. The RNS-E screen dims with the "58d" illumination circuit in the car, which is the same as the climate control temperature displays, the DIS, odometer, etc (anything that is illuminated full time with the swtich on).
In fact may-be this is normal simply I've never tested before but about the big red wheel without cursor what can you tell me?

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK guys also this problem doesn't exist.:D :D :D :D
Tonignt I removed my new RNS-E to fix some connections and to text a new cable for television and:
MIRACLE!
my Brightness is born and everything is perfect :shock: :shock:
I really don't know what has changed cause I have only fixed some CAN connections related to the TV and connected a K -line wire.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts