Audi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my 03 A4 and it has the 6 disc in dash, but what I'm wondering is does the Bose system have a logo on the stereo or how do you know if you have Bose or not? The dealer advertised it with Bose, maybe I was lied to? Good thing that isn't why I bought the car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think the bose package includes upgraded Bose amp (for all speakers) and upgraded bose speakers (you should have Bose badges on the speaker trim if you have Bose.) Therefore the symphony you have is identical whether bose or non-bose.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Your headunit should say "Bose" on the LCD display when you first turn it on - that lets you know the coding of the headunit is for the Bose speakers. Then you should look at your speaker grilles, they should have the Bose logo on them.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Actually, you can turn on or off the BOSE display independent of the presence of the BOSE amp and speakers. The BOSE display is turned on by software coding whereas the BOSE pin actually activates the BOSE outputs.

If your lower speaker grilles advertise BOSE, then you definitely have it.

·
Registered
737 Posts
NSX JR said:
Actually, you can turn on or off the BOSE display independent of the presence of the BOSE amp and speakers. The BOSE display is turned on by software coding whereas the BOSE pin actually activates the BOSE outputs.

If your lower speaker grilles advertise BOSE, then you definitely have it.

Yep, I turned off the Bose on my B5 S4 and it sounded much better. I got lots of compliments on the sound. I also decided to turn it back on and see if it was just in my head. After a week and a half I turned it back off. Now granted the Symphony I had the "hidden EQ" settings that I tweaked a little but that was it.

Does the Symphony II have the hidden EQ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for confirming that the dealer lied to me!! Which brings up the next question what size speakers are in the car and what would be a decent aftermarket upgrade?

·
Registered
737 Posts
saintshort said:
Where is the hidden EQ?
As far as I know it was only on the Symphony I head unit. If someone knows different post here.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts