Audi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched the Quick Links, and the Forum for answers and didn't find anything. I have upgraded the Symphony II to the RNS-E in my B7 S4 MY06. I have the Bose system and everything has been Vag-Com'd and works perfectly. The stock bass response is really muddy and weak. I would like to upgrade the Bose sub, and have a few questions I am hoping you guys can help with:). BTW this has to be the most helpful forum I subscribe to, I mean it.

What size Sub will drop in place of the Bose sub?

Any idea how to remove and rewire the Bose sub?

Any suggestions for a sub that is effecient enough to provide better response and volume on the stock Bose amp?

Is the current Bose sub an active sub?

Are the rest of the Bose speakers all active?

If not where does the system get the amps?

Thanks for the help.

TXGold

·
Registered
63 Posts
TXGold,

I plan on doing something similar soon in my B6 S4 with Bose. When I had my B6 A4 without Bose, I looked into replacing the sub but from what I saw on the Bentley CD, it was just too much of a pain to get to. Plus, that sub was a free-air...and the Bose sub may be the same. Instead, I just used a JL Audio sub in a properly sized sealed box and put it in the trunk and held in in place with a bungee cord. Not real pretty or ideal, but it worked and enabled me to take it out if I needed the trunk space.

I plan to do the same thing with the S4 with Bose. In the Bose system, there is an amp that drives all of the speakers (non Bose the front and center are off the head unit, and the sub and rear door are off an amp in the trunk, right side, behind the rigid gray liner). I'm not sure where the Bose amp is...but I plan/hope to be able to pull the remote turn-on wire off it to turn on a new amp for the sub and I'll just use the signal going to the stock sub as a high-level input. Pretty easy and straighforward...but not very elegent.

Regardless, I would think you're gonna want a separate amp for this - especially if you go with a box in the trunk.

I hope I was a tiny bit helpful. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts