Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am new to the Forum, and recently converted Audi driver. I have been reading a lot of the good topics which has already helped me.

I have a quick question (sorry if it has been asked before), I recently upgraded my Audi Symphony II to RNS-E. As most of you mentioned it was simple plug and play. All the functions are working fine inc the RNS display on DIS, however, I have notice sound quality difference, it’s not as good as before.

The vehicle has BOSE sound system and when install the RNS I chose to use the Bose harness connectors, I read something about grounding the Bose pin, is that still required on 2004 model, if so how do I do this?

I have not reconfigured the VGA code, as I don't have the VAG cable and software. Do I need to do this? If so, where can I get hold of software (as most of it is shareware and you can't change the settings).

I had very much appreciate your help. thanks.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
If your seller hasn't coded the RNS-E for an A4 Cabriolet with Bose then it may not sound best even with the Bose pin connected properly. With a VAG-COM (or at your dealer) check STG #56. The coding should be 0xx9xxx for a Bose system.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, can you explain (or point me towards a topic) what do you mean by "Bose pin connected properly" is there a special method? Also, unfortunately the dealers in Uk are not very friendly to diy installed systems, so I will need to invest on VAG-COM cable and software, not sure where to start looking for the software. The cable is readily available on ebay. thanks.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
In your adapter harness, connector B7 in the RNS-E Quadlock should be connected to connector III pin 1 (see NSX Jr's chart at http://www.nsxjr.com/docs/RNStoSym2.pdf for details). If pin B7 is connected to ground, that's fine too.

Don't know about the VAG-COM situation in the UK, maybe someone here can offer help or you post in one of the UK forums to find someone.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
AudiA4B6US said:
Don't know about the VAG-COM situation in the UK, maybe someone here can offer help or you post in one of the UK forums to find someone.
Sanjay - you have a PM.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Last night, I took the RSE out and checked the cabling and the harness provided had already grounded Pin 7. So, it looks like I need to sort out the coding, as the system still believes it has Symphony II. Not sure. AudiA4B6US and PetrolDave thanks for your help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.