Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a steering wheel that has the scroll wheels, and phone buttons. I have heard this means Bluetooth is installed. I have had to add the Nav aftermarket, and have VAGed the Center Display to work with the system.

As well, how can I check to see what my current software version is? I had the most recent unit a year ago. What is the newest software version for this unit? And what changed?

Thanks for all the help. Sorry for all the questions, but what ever you can answer would be great.

TXGold

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Having the multi function steering wheel does say nothing about whether or not you have the phone interface installed. If you see NO FUNCTION in the DIS when you press the button you do not have the phone interface installed. To see the software verison of the RNS-E, press the CAR button and select Version.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Latest SW version in the US is 0110, and in Europe is 0500 - can't remember the latest version in Australia.

·
Registered
46 Posts
In Australia we run with the EU software.
Latest official version is 330.
A new release is due any day now (first update in 2 years from Audi Australia) but no one can tell us what SW version will be on it.
We are waiting "patiently" :?

·
Registered
530 Posts
I've seen local cars running SW 0450 w/ factory installed RNS-Es Simon.

Still yet to see anything on v.13 though.. :cry:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Alister/lt8x7,

Do you know if the standard v9 Australian DVD works with the SW 450 and above?

I'm asking, as I'm currently looking at getting a RNS-E 8P0 035 192 H with SW 500 for installation in my Audi A3 8P (MY July 05).

I want to make sure this will work with the existing DVD..

AusAudiGuy (in the Australian Audi Forum) said that the existing Version 9 DVD will only work with RNS-E Software < SW 0360 [i.e. that it wouldn't work with SW 0450].

However, it looks like you've seen cars with a later RNS-E SW version.

So, a bit puzzled.

I had a quick look at a local Audi dealer & the SW in a new A4 Coupe was 0330 and DVD v9.

I just want to make sure that I'm not shooting myself in the foot by getting a unit that has SW 0500.

Thanks guys!

- Damien -

·
Registered
530 Posts
You can always downgrade the software Damien.

I downgraded a K unit tonight from SW 0500 to SW 0080 and then proceeded to upgrade it to 0110 and then 0330.

You'll just need access to a VAG-COM (or friendly dealer) and some Nav disks.

So basically, don't worry too much about what SW version the unit has. As long as you're getting the right hardware (ie by part number) for your car then all should be OK.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.