Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I've been at the Audi dealer to have my Bluetooth module upgraded. I had a 8P0 862 335 D module and now have a 8P0 862 335 H module. I upgraded because my i-mate SP5 smartphone would not exchange the phonebook with my old Bluetooth module. The handsfree functionality worked fine but I had to dial numbers directly on my phone.

The upgrade went fine although at first it would only show the names and phonenumber in the small TFT screen on the dashboard. The TEL screen on the RNS-E was still the old screen. I quickly realised that the mechanic had not reprogrammed the Bluetooth module. Although the (chief-)mechanic first denied that this would work with my car, I showed him messages from this forum and also a technical guy at the importer of Audi confirmed that it should work. After one hour of fiddling and trying it finally worked. He said he had to reprogram not only the Bluetooth module to "Comfort" mode but he also had to reprogram the navigation unit from RNS-E basic to RNS-E high :-s (I have HW050).

But in the end it all seemed to work fine, all extended features available, phone book synchronisation works, even the options "last dialed numbers" and "missed calls" do work (although the technical guy at the importer expected that these two options would not work with my HW050 device).

But of course there is a "but"... It seems that every time I connect over Bluetooth for the first time, the phone gets disconnected after about 1 minute (not exactly timed). When I reconnect again via the phone, the connection works fine and keeps working fine. I never had this before with the "D" module. Connecting and disconnecting was always very reliable.

To check if it was a phone problem or a bluetooth mobule problem, I tried to connect a Nokia N90. The N90 connects fine and remains connected all the time. But the N90 does not exchange the phonebook. Non of the extended features becomes available, just only "dial from directory". When I press the R/T button on the steering wheel it says the button is not in use at that moment. I would expect that one of Nokia's top model phones should work correctly??

I don't understand this disconnect problems with my i-mate SP5 because as far as I can remember the phone works fine in a 2006 A4 (no disconnects). I had this 2006 A4 from the dealer as a replacement car when my own car was in for service and then found out about the extended telephone functionality.
I don't know which Bluetooth module is in the 2006 A4 but I expect the same "H" module as the dealer ordered my Bluetooth module on the chasis number of the 2006 A4 (to make sure they sent that specific Bluetooth module and not an exact replacement for mine).

The software version has also been updated to the most recent 0460.

I would appreciate any experiences from anybody here and possible reasons for this disconnect problem.

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Mine does that too, once in a while (both the Treo 650 I had and the Qtek 9100.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
e-Milt said:
The N90 connects fine and remains connected all the time. But the N90 does not exchange the phonebook. Non of the extended features becomes available, just only "dial from directory". When I press the R/T button on the steering wheel it says the button is not in use at that moment. I would expect that one of Nokia's top model phones should work correctly??
NONE of the Symbian phones will exchange the phonebook or the call lists. It's a failing of the Symbian phones, not the Audi Bluetooth interface.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bluetooth problem in i-mate SP5

In the meantime I've had cofirmation from the customer support of i-mate that this is a known issue with the SP5. Possibly with all Windows Mobile 5 smartphones with AKU2.

Microsoft has already released AKU3 which might have fixed this problem :?: :?: . Customer support of i-mate could not confirm to me if and/or when an update for the SP5 would become available that would fix this problem :( .

I hope Microsoft will soon turn their development work in Singularity into a new Windows Mobile platform so the OS becomes hardware independant and we are finally freed from all limitations in the OS.[/url]

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
If I'm not mistaken my Qtek 9100 / Cingular 8125 has AKU2 and works fine with the RNS-E.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts