Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an RS4 and Treo 700wx. Daily problems with the phone dropping the bluetooth connection, both during and between calls. Regularly loses pairing, shows as "phone improperly connected". Works poorly and despite Audi claiming to "someday" release a Treo cradle for hard connection, the Bluetooth connection is the only hands-free option at this time. Does anyone have a bluetooth phone that works well with the RNS-E? Thanks, Gary

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have RS4 with Treo 650. Works fine. Only drops when phone mysteriously reboots, but that's probably due to all the crappy software I have on the phone.

Since Treo 700w is Windows mobile, maybe you can't go by my 650 experience.

- Craig

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Nokia 6230, SE K610i

Nokia N70 was totally useless (Bluetooth connection dropped at random needing phone reboot, no phonebook or call list transfer).

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a Treo 700p and it does not pair AT ALL, but according to Palm, the 700p is not compatible and they have yet to release an update to enable it to be such. The Treo 650 is though, go figure that the newer product isn't.

As for the 700wx, Palm states it has limited compatibility: http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=PalmSupportKB,ts=Palm_External2001,Case=obj(39570)

Maybe you can do like I do and HOPE for an upgrade from Palm that takes care of this issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
W810i works well

I have a Sony Ericsson W810i, It works extremely well with the RNS-E. No complaints.

·
Registered
23 Posts
LG Rules

I have an LG VX8300 from Verizon. Bluetooth works great with my 2006 A4 with RNS-E. The phone pairs almost instantly and I use the multifunction steering wheel to scroll thru names/numbers, answer and make calls etc. Voice dialing also works perfectly.

In fact, I think Bluetooth is the best feature of the car!

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Re: LG Rules

Davidgr said:
2nd that ;)
It is very expensive comparing to 3rd party Bluetooth kits but functionality is very impressive. I hope some 3rd party company will finally do something simmilar with RNS-E integration. That would be nice

·
Registered
74 Posts
Igi said:
I am not sure with KRZR. I have SIM access only, nothing else.
What do you mean by SIM access only?

Also, on the GSM phones that I've played with, I find that I need to copy the phonebook from the SIM card to the phone memory before it'll show up on the RNS-E.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Windows Mobile devices

Reading through this post and I don't actually see anyone having a good experience with a Windows Mobile 5 device. I have a new HTC (Cingular) 8525 and had a terrible time getting it to connect the first time. After about 10 tries of rebooting both the phone and the car, it finally connected. Now, it connects upon starting the car, but every few minutes it will drop the connection (whether I'm on the phone or not) and then reconnect a few minutes later. It is quite frustrating when on the phone having to go back and forth to the handset, but equally so when NOT on the phone since the actual time of connection mutes the stereo. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The Cingular 8125 (which is another WM5 device) works great - after you install the latest ROM that was made available about 6 months after the initial Cingular release. The 8525 has a new BT stack frm Microsoft (the 8125 had a Widcom BT stackk) and this BT stack seems to be the worst piece of software MS ever released. Rumor has it that the spring ROM update that will bring PPT for Cingular users will also include an updated BT stack. It's not only you and it;s not only Audi, almost every car kit and many BT headsets randomly disconnect because BT gets turned off by the 8525.

·
Registered
737 Posts
My 3125 with Cingular connects just fine without any disconnects at all. The only problem I get is that I have 2 contacts that aren't in order. I have no idea why but they are located at the very top of my phonebook on the RNS-E. I've checked the spelling and everything but can't fiqure it out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Treo 700w bluetooth

I have a Treo 700w and had the same issue as the OP. However, I fixed it by doing the following on the Treo:

Pair your phone to your car if you haven't already.
Open the bluetooth settings (Start->Settings->Connections->Bluetooth)
Click the Devices tab
You should see your car listed (Audi UHV 9586). With the stylus, click on your car.
From the next screen, make sure to check the box that says Hands Free.

By default, this box wasn't checked when I set mine up and I had the same problems with the bluetooth disconnecting frequently. Since I've done this, it works perfectly.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
For those with the Cingular 8525, over at xda developers is a new ROM for the 8525 version 2.06 with AKU 3.3. Just drove around for an hour and got disconnected only twice, huge improvement. It might be there only a few more days, so hurry or wait for the official Cingular release:
ftp://xda:[email protected]_2[1].06.502.3_6275_1.33.31.00_108_Ship.rar

·
Registered
159 Posts
Re: LG Rules

PROXUS said:
Davidgr said:
2nd that ;)
It is very expensive comparing to 3rd party Bluetooth kits but functionality is very impressive. I hope some 3rd party company will finally do something simmilar with RNS-E integration. That would be nice
Can't see it happening tbh. Anyone who can afford to have the RNS-E factory fitted will most likely afford the GSM prep too and they'd be daft not to.

Even most ppl who have afford to retro-fit the RNS-E would look at having the GSM prep retro-fitted too and even if they don't, the retro-fit market is too small for a third-party manufacturer to bother with I think.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.