Audi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some odd unexplained reason, my Bluetooth started to act up today.

It was working fine...I was calling a number via RNS-E, no one picked up, so I pressed End Call and went to dial another number. It dialed it, showed as if someone answered...but no audio. I couldn't hear anything.

I hung up, and then the person I had just called tried to call me back. My cell phone rang, but no audio (ringtone or otherwise) from the car speakers.

I shut off my phone as well as the car, started everything back up and tried to re-establish a link between the phone and the RNS-E but only got a messege of "Unable to connect" from my phone. It could see the Audi BT module but it cannot connect.

About half an hour later, I tried again. The phone and car paired on their own as usual, but the system was in MUTE mode even though there was no call in progress. Again I shut everything off, restarted and now it seems to be working fine again.

Very odd and I hope it was a one time glitch. :?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Mine did something similar once... and it was a problem with my phone. I rebooted the phone and everything was working fine again. 99% of problems with bluetooth functionality are the phone's fault. The bluetooth module in the car is a very simple handsfree device and depends heavily on commands from the phone itself.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
With my Nokia 6230 the BT link was 100% reliable, but with my Nokia N70 at random intervals (usually every few hours) the BT link is lost. Turning BT off and back on at the phone end normally restores the BT link, but occassionally I have to reboot the phone. So far it's never been the car end, always the phone end that has broken the connection.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.