Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to locate someinformation on retorfitting bluetooth to my 06 B7 A4. I don't have navigation and am not planning on installing it. I would just like to add the bluetooth functionality. My questions are is it possible wioth OEM parts and if so what are the part numbers. I've been told by the dealer that it can't be done but I don't have much faith in them. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also I beleive I have the Symphony 1 head unit. Thanks, in advance.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
If you have the multifunction steering wheel you can retrofit the OEM BT solution. Check the For Sale forum, there are a couple of sellers for the RNS-E BT kit and most of them also offer a custom version for non-RNS-E cars. However, if you plan to never get the RNS-E, a Parrot kit might be more cost efficient.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Retrofit

Thanks, I'm fairly new to this. Is a Parrot kit an aftermarket item. How difficult is the install?
Thanks, again.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Yes, the Parrot is an aftermarket BT kit. IIRC there is a plug and play version for the older Audi head units. Google for details.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My mistake. I beleive it is a Symphony 2 with the 6 disc cd in the unit. Would I still use the same kit?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
There should be one for the Symphony II as well. Only the new Symphony II+ is using a different connector and for that there is no plug and play kit out yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts