Audi Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have installed a OEM bluetooth module for my RNs-E verison K(euro version) the headunit can find the module no problem and i can make calls and take calls i can hear people perfect but people cannot hear me i have tried switching microphones but no luck when i connect via vag-com it can not find the bluetooth module k-line and can-h + can-L is off course connected

any ideas?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
What car? What phone interface? New or used? OEM microphone connected properly (+/- matters in this case)? What kind of VAG-COM cable? What VAG-COM software?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im sorry it was my first post i didnt think of giving thoose information :oops:

its a Audi A4 8E 2003 Avant, the bluetooth module is: 8P0 852 355 G and its used i tried switching the wires for the + & - on both mics but it didnt matter.. I used a Ross-tech vagcom cable but i dont know what version software i think 4.x i can find my friends module in his audi RS6 with this software

thanx

·
Registered
517 Posts
As far as I can see from your picture, you have a 'G' module. If so, that is for the US. Doesn't really explain why you can not connect to it with VAG-COM.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Well, the first step is to get VAG-COM 607.3 downloaded. They made significant changes in 510/512, older versions almost never connect successfully to the phone interface. Also, if the BT module was ever installed in an A3 you won't be able to connect to it in your A4. You will need an A3 CAN gateway or connect it directly to an A3 to change the config to support diagnostics over K line.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ohh i see.. then i have to send it over to my friend and he has to connect it to his audi a3 then and we should be able to code it.. what will the correct coding be then?? and is it a problem that it is a G version? and i will try to download the newest VAG-com tomorrow and see if it helps thanx so far

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just talked with the guy i bought the module from he said he bought it brand new at Audi Germany so it has never been installed in a A3.. so it should just be because my vag-com software is too old that i cant connect to it?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
It's most likely only the VAG-COM software if the interface has never seen an A3. Since it's a US interface, start with 10777 for the coding.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
im gonna try that in the morning thx :) i just thinks its strange that my RNS-E works fine with the module and i can hear people talking perfect over my speakers but they cant hear me

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
You also should make sure your K-line is connected properly. The kit you have looks like it contains a bluetooth cable from kufatec.de. Those have a fairly bad reputation for having the K-line and tel mute wires reversed. Make sure the K-line wire actually goes to pin 15 and the tel mute wire actually goes to pin 16 on the bluetooth module.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i think its from kufatec yes the K-line wasnt even in the wiring harness i had to add that myself to pin 15.. i checked my VAG-com software i was using 607.3D and i still cant find it

any new ideas?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts