Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i've totally run out of ideas to fix this... i had a problem w/ the ground on my harness and due to that i lost the phone capabilities for the past few days... so today i got that ground issue all sorted out and was able to access the phone menu again, called my voicemail a couple of times and everything worked fine...

however at some point something must have gone wrong as whenever i hit the phone menu this is what i get...

when i first reconnected the bluetooth i got the same screen but it went away after a couple of mins.

now when i physically disconnect the bluetooth module, this is the screen i get, which totally makes sense.

when connected, i can communicate w/ the bluetooth w/ the VAG-COM, i can run all the tests, including the mute one and the little mute icon shows up on the screen, and everything seems alright...

now in term of VAG coding, what did you guys enter for Channel 133 & Channel 134? i've got both at 1.

i've tried the Radio - Set-up many times, removing the key from the ignition, going for a drive... but no luck.

now one other thing the phone (Motorola V57) is no longer finding any bluetooth devices. the Audi something something device is already there in the device list from when it worked, but whenever i check for device w/in range, it's no longer finding any devices.

i'm gonna take everything apart again tomorrow, but just wanted to see if any one had any ideas about what's going on here...

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
You get "Telephone is not installed" when the RNS-E cannot talk to the phone intefrace over CAN. In this case some faults should be logged in #77. The second message appears when there is no phone connected via BT. I would check the CAN wires first.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Since you wrote that your mobile doesn't find any devices it is mostlikely your phone or module itself, not CANs.

Once TEL interface is powered (just POWER wires and regardless what coding you have) you should be able to pair your phone and AUDI interface should be listed in Bluetooth devices.

Since it is not, I would check first with other phone and then double chcek conection of POWER wires.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AudiA4B6US said:
You get "Telephone is not installed" when the RNS-E cannot talk to the phone intefrace over CAN. In this case some faults should be logged in #77. The second message appears when there is no phone connected via BT. I would check the CAN wires first.
i don't have any errors in #77... where else can i check that the CAN wires are fine? should i be able to access in #19 CAN gateway? right now it says there's no response from the controller.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PROXUS said:
Since you wrote that your mobile doesn't find any devices it is mostlikely your phone or module itself, not CANs.

Once TEL interface is powered (just POWER wires and regardless what coding you have) you should be able to pair your phone and AUDI interface should be listed in Bluetooth devices.

Since it is not, I would check first with other phone and then double chcek conection of POWER wires.
i've tried another phone, still a V57 and still no luck finding the device...

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
you may have some errors in #17 or #37 is the connection to #77 is intermittend.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
these are the ones i just found in #17:

VAG-COM Version: Release 512.1-UD

Control Module Part Number: 8E0 920 931 X
Component and/or Version: KOMBI+WEGFAHRS. RB4 D42
Software Coding: 03300
4 Faults Found:
01320 - Control Module for Climatronic (J255)
49-10 - No Communications - Intermittent
01304 - Radio
01303 - Telephone Transceiver (R36)
01300 - Control Module for Navigation with CD-Rom (J401)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nevermind... these were coming up b/c the connector A was unplugged...

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Avantéix said:
PROXUS said:

i've tried another phone, still a V57 and still no luck finding the device...
I would double check power connection of TEL interface then.
Either 12V or ground could be disconnected.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
when in #77 and running output tests (03), for "loudspeaker(s)" i get a voltage around 3.90-4.15 or so if the first square and a high pitch noise coming from the speakers, for "radio mute switch" i get the little mute icon next to the clock, for "signal; telephone on" i get N/A in all 4 squares and nothing else.

now one thing i noticed, but it was the same even when bluetooth was working fine, it takes a while to access the module when selecting #77... it runs a couple of trials then the follwing shows up in the "Comm Status":
"Init. Address 77 Try 2..
B: 10413 KW: 6B8F"
then a couple of more trials and it finally the info about the bluetooth shows up... however sometimes i get the "too many communications errors to continue!"...

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
PROXUS said:
I would double check power connection of TEL interface then.
Either 12V or ground could be disconnected.
bear w/ me here, but if power wasn't going to the bluetooth module, would i still be able to run the tests? when i remove the plug to the bluetooth i get the "Telephone is not installed" message on the Nav, wouldn't i be getting the same one if there was no power... that's actually the message i had when the ground was lose.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
In that case you are right, but with power connected and regardless of CANs and K-line, your TEL interface should pair with the phone.

Since you can't, IMHO problem is not between TEL interface and RNS-E but TEL interface and your phone.

What is your coding for TEL interface?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
as far as i can tell it is... it's the same type of antenna you provide w/ your kit.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
what coding you guys have for these 2 channels in #77?
Avantéix said:
now in term of VAG coding, what did you guys enter for Channel 133 & Channel 134? i've got both at 1.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
what about Group 6 in measuring blocks? every time i go there it hangs and in the end i get "too many communication errors" and then the "Please wait" screen on the nav, like if the bluetooth module shut itself off and back on again.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
PROXUS said:
Coding is OK,
is your bluetooth antenna connected properly?
Avantéix said:
as far as i can tell it is... it's the same type of antenna you provide w/ your kit.
Antenna itself is OK but wonder if it is not loose or something.

Since you got this screen below, it is showing that connection between module and RNS-E is fine, but mobile is not detected.

The only things that could be responsible for that are:
- power connection
- antenna connection
- bluetooth software in your mobile
- something interfering with bluetooth signal
- improper coding

I know you checked most of those things but I can't think about anything elese (unless units got damaged bu loose ground, but this is unlikely)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
this is really really frustrating now... :x

the one thing i just don't get is why would it work and then all of sudden nothing.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just a wild stab in the dark, but have you tried deleting the BT pairing in the phone and then re-detect the BT connection?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.