Audi Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all,
In order to have one Bluetooth Parrot Kit working with RNS-E (making MUTE function) what connection I must to do?
Do I need any configuration with VAG-COM?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The RNS-E phone inputs are speaker level, which makes integrating with the Parrot kit simple. Here's what I did to install my CK3000 Evolution. (NB: I have not been able to test my kit fully yet, so consider this advice speculative)

- Clip ISO harnesses off of Parrot power cord and wire directly to sources for constant +12v, switched +12v, and Ground. (I just connected these directly to the power distribution block under my S6's steering wheel)
- Clip ISO harness off of Parrot speaker connector and wire yellow mute wire into mute input on RNS-E. Then select one pair of speaker wires from the speaker output side of the Parrot harrness and wire that into the Tel+ and Tel- inputs on the RNS-E. (I used the orange and red wires for the left front speaker)
- Cut off and tape back the remaining wires from the Parrot harness
- Connect the rest of the Parrot kit (control box, etc.) as per instructions

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, thanks for your feedback

·
Registered
70 Posts
I just got mine working this morning, so I can confirm that the information I gave you should be correct; at the very least it worked for me.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ktkemp said:
I just got mine working this morning, so I can confirm that the information I gave you should be correct; at the very least it worked for me.
OK, thanks ktkemp. I will try with mine when I installed it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
ktkemp said:
The RNS-E phone inputs are speaker level, which makes integrating with the Parrot kit simple. Here's what I did to install my CK3000 Evolution. (NB: I have not been able to test my kit fully yet, so consider this advice speculative)

- Clip ISO harnesses off of Parrot power cord and wire directly to sources for constant +12v, switched +12v, and Ground. (I just connected these directly to the power distribution block under my S6's steering wheel)
- Clip ISO harness off of Parrot speaker connector and wire yellow mute wire into mute input on RNS-E. Then select one pair of speaker wires from the speaker output side of the Parrot harrness and wire that into the Tel+ and Tel- inputs on the RNS-E. (I used the orange and red wires for the left front speaker)
- Cut off and tape back the remaining wires from the Parrot harness
- Connect the rest of the Parrot kit (control box, etc.) as per instructions

Hi ktkemp,

i have followed your instructions step by step, but with no luck!
I have connected the following PINs of the RNS-E:

- TEL NF + (on the Parrot ISO + wire)
- TEL NF - (on the Parrot ISO - wire)
- TEL MUTE (on the Parrot Mute - yellow wire)

The parrot is powered, and when i get a call, the mute funktion does not work and i can hear no audio.

I have measured the output of the mute pin of the RNS-E and i get a voltage of 4,5 Volts. I have also tried to connect the mute pin of the RNS-E on Ground to bring it to 0 Volts, but nothing to do...

Do anyone know how the mute funktion of the parrot works? When i get a call on the parrot, the yellow mute wire, outputs only 0.04 Volts... is this normal?

I have read many posts on many forums, but nobody has a solution to install a Parrot on a RNS-E Navigation System...

Can anyone help me and give me some tips?

Many many thanks!!!!!!!
ober

·
Registered
9 Posts
Problem solved!

OK....!!!!!

I have solved the MUTE problem by upgrading the RNS-E firmware to version 0460!!!!

The Parrot works fine now!

bye
ober

·
Registered
124 Posts
If you guys have a MS smartphone - you can do voice reco

I have a Tmobile SDA II here in the US

downloaded

1) FONIX
2) Jetware mobile (BETA - important not the current one)
3) Toggle BT audio

These three applications allow

1) Ringtones from the cell on the parrot
2) When I press "3" (shortcut to fonix) - it then brings up voice recognition through the bluetooth connection.

Voice reco is OK - but for the additional $40 or so I spent its a lot cheaper than the full audi integration

1 - 8 of 8 Posts