Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

This is my first post here, so congratulations on the nice forum. Excuse me for my English - it is far from perfect.

What I'm wondering is - is there a way a can use the OEM Audi Bluetooth module, that all you here have working with RNS-E, with a BNS navigation system.
Some notes about me and my car:
- I live in Bulgaria, Europe and currently there are no maps that can be used for BNS or RNS in my location. This is one of the reasons I don’t want to update to RNS-E at this point. I'm strongly interested in doing so whenever a map is available...but for now I don’t want to fork so much money for the RNS-E.
- I have an Audi A4 (B6) 2002 with BNS, color dash, Chorus radio and CD changer in the glove box.
- I have an original telephone interface built in, but it is wired and I find it ugly and I'm not even using right now.

I'm strongly interested in an OEM Bluetooth install in my car but I'm very doubtful that it is possible. My dream will be if I can simply change the installed interface box with a Bluetooth one.

I've searched on the forum for such question and scenario but have not found anything.

All sorts of help and thoughts will be welcome.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
If you have the multifunction steering wheel you can install the Audi BT phone interface without RNS-E. In your 2002 though you may have the very old 8E0 pjone intefrace with cradle on the center console. Tnhe old cradle won't work anymore with the new interface and you will need a special adapter from the old connector to the connector used by the new interface.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much for your answer.

My car doesn't currently have MFSW, but here another question arizes - is it possible and how difficult it is to upgrade my steering wheel to multifunctional one...

As for the phone interface - I'm not sure what model it is. I'm posting here some pix if there would be of any help. I would like to note that I don't want to leaave tha phone holder. I would like to remove it but that I can handle.

So here are the pix:

And to repeat my new question - is it possible/easy to upgrade my SW to MFSW for B6 or even B7 so that I can put the BT interface after that.

Thanks again

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The B7 MFSW is a no, based on what has been posted here and in other forums because of the diffrent airbags. The B6 MFSW should be possible but I'm not a MFSW expert and would refer to others to answer this question. Also, try to search, there a quite a few posts here about steering wheel swaps.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you very much for your input.

After I've read that topic and this "B7 MFSW on B6 retrofit" thing looks scary to me now.

So the only option I left is to find a way to put B6 MFSW, but I have yet to find good info/tutorial on that. Sooo any input or links would be nice :).

Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.