Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Apologies if this subject has been covered already!..

I have a 2004 S4 with RNS-E and Cullman dash mounted tel prep.

This works fine but I am forced to use my old Sony Ericsson T630 rather than my newer phones (I have a k705i and a Motorola v3).

The module is A suffix which I think is just prior to bluetooth..
Can I just change the box over for a newer C version with a BT aerial and recode?..

Most of the info here seems to be full installs which I dont need to do...

Thanks

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
IIRC all the 8P0 Interfaces are interchangable. All you should need is the interface and the BT antenna. It's still a pain to get under the seat to replace the interface ;-)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will I need to update the software on the RNS-E?.
At the moment, there is no dial functionality from it

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Correct, Euro sw 0330 and US software 0110 introduced the enhance phone features. I fyou upgrade to Euro 0330 or newer you will need to keep the DVD because older DVDs (2005 and older) don't work anymore. In the US you can use any US DVD with sw 0110.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can you guys suggest the coding options for me on this please?..

RNS-E ?
Tel Module ?

I have already re coded the instruments to show MP3 and tel information.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
RNS-E xxxx7xx
BT module 0010722
Cluster = Adaptation 10, Chan 62, +2 telephone

Craig

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Received the update today and after a couple of tries, managed to get it to read disk and it went into update software...

Still not tel functionality from the RNS although the message has changed and now there us a digital clock display on the rns also..

Do I need to do something else to get the ability to dial from the rns ?.

I have not vag com'd it yet as I have not fitted the new tel module yet..

Sw=0460
HW=H46
Map Pzn0609333_en0506

Help appreciated..

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Did you replace the phone interface also? Without the new phone interface you won't get the new features...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, thanks, that explains it. It doesnt come into stock at the dealers until next week.
I hope that just swapping will give me the extra features then...!

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
the911sc said:
I hope that just swapping will give me the extra features then...!
You'll have to recode the RNS-E and the new tel module before the new features will be enabled.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Anyone know what the connector in the standard telematics (non bluetooth) tel box is?.
I have my BT box today with my aerial but reading a tech article on Audi world, it seems it may be a 42 pin connector, not a 54 pin as on the BT box?.

Dont want to get all the kit out just to find i havent got all the parts?.

I have a generation 2 cullman kit (no curly wire).

Cheers

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok, so I can answer my own post here... and yes you guys are right, the box is the same as the new one with the same connector.
Interestingly, the box that is installed (A) already has a bluetooth antenna attached to it?...
I think Craigyb mentioned some time back that he suspected lat model phone prep may support BT but not be enabled?..

I did try coding BT on before dismantling, but the module did not seem to take the setting..

Anyone know if the function of the A box does support BT?, and whether I should just upgrade this box for my new F box?, will it have more functionality?..

the New box...

and the old box....

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
the911sc said:
Anyone know if the function of the A box does support BT?, and whether I should just upgrade this box for my new F box?, will it have more functionality?..
IIRC the A won't accept the extended command coding 10xxx, but the F DEFINITELY will. So all you've got to do is swap the BT boxes over and recode the F to 10xxx.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Dave, Just come back in from swapping the boxes over and hey presto... it works without any coding at all...
Just paired my K750i to it ( and my T630 which I used in the cradle). Tested it and it works great out of the box although I dont have the RNS functionality still so I am here reading this to get the codings for it....

Those recaro seats are heavy to maneouver in and out!...
The dealership told me they managed to sneak the box out before without taking the seat out but I didnt want to snap anything and it was straight forward albeit a bit of a pain!..

·
Registered
14 Posts
the911sc said:
Interestingly, the box that is installed (A) already has a bluetooth antenna attached to it?...
I think Craigyb mentioned some time back that he suspected lat model phone prep may support BT but not be enabled?..

I did try coding BT on before dismantling, but the module did not seem to take the setting..

My car is equipped with a factory installed 8P0 862 335 A module. Bluetooth works on mine.

My unit:
Control Module Part Number: 8P0 862 335 A
Component and/or Version: FSE_255x BT H17 0030
Software Coding: 0000877

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Bluetooth will work with the older modules but those older modules cannot be coded to support the new enahnced phone features. All you get with the older modules is basic hands free functionality. No dialing from the RNS-E or or.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yep, it seems strange and if you look at the pic of the A module, it has the bluetooth logo on it?...
I couldnt get it to work as it wouldnt take the Vag com coding however when I plugged the new on in it worked straight away???...

Maybe I'll stick it on ebay for someone to have a crack with...

I still dont have the rns-e functionality yet...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts