Audi Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Retrofitted RNS and bluetooth to my 07 rs4 and all ok but I didnt see any mic for the Bose when i fitted the tel mic. Is it supposed to be in the overhead console and can someone post a pic of it in its location.

Thanks all

·
Registered
235 Posts
I'll run out to my car and take a quick pic for ya :)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Here you go!

Make fun of Tigger and die!

These are from a C5 A6.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for that, and thanks for the effort in doing it!.
Pretty sure I dont have that on the RS4 so wondering if there is a model difference here?...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cable Run

Hi - how do you run the cable from the light fitting to the back of the dash to th eBT module - how is the trim removed to do this?

Thanks

Simon

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
the911sc said:
Thanks for that, and thanks for the effort in doing it!.
Pretty sure I dont have that on the RS4 so wondering if there is a model difference here?...
The B7 RS4 (in UK spec at least) has Bose as standard - so you most certainly DO have the Bose mic in your roof light.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Re: Cable Run

ferrytrip1 said:
Hi - how do you run the cable from the light fitting to the back of the dash to th eBT module - how is the trim removed to do this?
Remove the LHS sun visor, remove the LHS grab handle, pop out the plug that says airbag just in front of the B pillar and remove the screw behind, pop off the 6" long piece of trim between the dashboard and the door, then just prise off the trim over the door and along the A pillar (it's all one piece).

Fit the wire and replace all the trim.

It takes about 10-15 minutes - that's all.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
TDiAvant said:
But it's different for the A6.
???????????????
But the question in this thread is how to do it on a B7 RS4 - which is what I have described.

I agree the pictures from a C5 A6 don't really help here ...

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
TDiAvant said:
I'm taking the information from this thread
http://www.navplus.us/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8893
that he's getting an A6 without bluetooth, and want's information about how to take the car apart to fit an aftermarket system.

But I could be wrong.
So why did ferrytrip1 post an A6 question in an A4 thread? That's just going to confuse people ...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry for any confusion

Hi - only been with the forum for 24 hrs. Did not realise this was an A4 thread :oops: I saw the description for the mic placement and asked the question.

Apologies if my thread caused confusion or was not clear in the text.

however question still stands.....

Thanks, Simon

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Re: Sorry for any confusion

ferrytrip1 said:
however question still stands.....
Try posting the question as a new thread - with A6 in the title and the text.

Then we can have separate A4 and A6 discussions - to avoid confusion for all, now and in the future.

·
Registered
104 Posts
A bit off-topic. I think the Jetta BT mic looks very similar to this. I'm putting in an aftermarket radio into the Jetta and using a Pioneer bluetooth kit that uses a mic with a minijack connector.

Does anyone know if I can purchase the audi/vw mic from parts, hack the wiring and splice in a mini-jack connector? Thanks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts