Audi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a slight niggle which someone might be able to help with. We all know that if you have your phone paired with the Bluetooth in the Audi, it establishes a link when you put the key in and start the engine. This process of phone aquisition stops when you move off ( i am told ). I have had a couple of instances where another bluetooth device has been logged into my phone when I get in to the car and as a result, the car system can't attach and the bluetooth module seems to switch off.

The only way to get the car to link to the phone is to stop, switch off the ignition , and start up again.

Is there any way of doing this while in motion rather than having to stop evey time etc..

cheers
GuyT

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
guyt said:
I have a slight niggle which someone might be able to help with. We all know that if you have your phone paired with the Bluetooth in the Audi, it establishes a link when you put the key in and start the engine. This process of phone aquisition stops when you move off ( i am told ). I have had a couple of instances where another bluetooth device has been logged into my phone when I get in to the car and as a result, the car system can't attach and the bluetooth module seems to switch off.

The only way to get the car to link to the phone is to stop, switch off the ignition , and start up again.

Is there any way of doing this while in motion rather than having to stop evey time etc..

cheers
GuyT
It's not true that the phone acquisition only happens when you are not moving.

When I had a Nokia N70 it kept dropping the Bluetooth link, getting a passenger(!) to reboot the phone always re-established the connection even when driving.

All you need to do to re-establish the link is to turn the Bluetooth on your phone briefly off and back on.

Is there an option on your phone to allow more than 1 Bluetooth connection? My Sony Ericsson K610i has the option to allow only 1 connection or multiple connections - it's shown in the phones menu as "Powersave" (setting this to on only allows 1 Bluetooth connection, setting it to off allows multiple Bluetooth connections).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts