Audi Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...well...almost! :shock:

I did a quick install to check that everything works properly...plus I had to hurry to get to a local shop for the VAG-COM...so hiding everything behind the panels had to wait. I plan to do a full write-up of the installation.

Initially after hooking up the hardware, which couldn't have been any easier using the custom harness from NSX JR, and without VAG-COM...I got this...

I've never anyone mention this screen before and I was a little confused.

After struggling a little which VAG-COM (more on that later) I got everything to work...

Unfortunately, it looks like the Samsung t809 is only partially compatible as none of the extra memory options are available. Someone at the shop tried a Treo 650 and they had full functions...so it looks like it's time for a new phone for me.

As you can see, the signal strength and bluetooth icon both show up. Audio sounds good, everything seems to work fine, the system mutes when I make a call and all of that...but I need to VAG-COM the volume to be a little louder.

One feature I like and have never heard mentioned is that the bluetooth doesn't disconnect until you pull the key out of the ignition...even if the radio turns off. Kind of cool.
[siteimg][/siteimg]

·
Registered
249 Posts
good stuff...

just to confirm since i've noticed you've got a Euro unit, do you still have the Euro software or did you install the US one?

·
Registered
249 Posts
well never mind... i just read your other thread and saw you had the US software installed.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Looks good... even sitting in the floorboard! Actually, that is a great picture to show all the parts of the kit and how simple it would be to install.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi HX_Guy,

what did you do to change from one screen to the other. I have the same screen on my car so far (still, BT is working but just as a basic headset) ?

I am going next tuesday to my dealer so I definitively want to check this also :)

Thanks,

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I pressed the RADIO and SETUP buttons down together for 15 seconds or so until the until reset, powered down, and restarted.

Once it turned back on, I went to the TEL and it shows "Telephone is not available". I then searched for the Audi Bluetooth through my cell phone and it paired up.

Try resetting your system the same way and see if it helps.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks. I've already done it and I can pair the phone. I have the signal bars but no BT logo on the RNS-E nor advanced functions.

Will check tomorrow what version my BT module is. Since it's a May 2004 car, it might not have the C or F version. Or the RNS-E is badly setup.

Thanks,

Jerome

·
Registered
142 Posts
My S4 is from oktober 2004 and also had the older (D) BT module. Now it is replaced with the newer (F) version and, after recoding it with "comfort" option, it has full address book, etc functionality!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
S4udibert said:
My S4 is from oktober 2004 and also had the older (D) BT module. Now it is replaced with the newer (F) version and, after recoding it with "comfort" option, it has full address book, etc functionality!
Do you happen to know what RNS-E and BT coding you have?

Mine is 0301611 and 0010777...I want to make sure the P300 is going to work in my car as well with the G version of the BT module.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I received my new phone today, the Samsung P300, and while it shows "Telephone T-Mobile" as the title and I now have access to the Phonebook...I still don't have missed calls, received calls, or dialed cars.

Do I just need to wait longer or what's the deal? I let it sit for about 10 minutes and all that worked is the Phonebook.

·
Registered
117 Posts
HX_Guy said:
Do I just need to wait longer or what's the deal? I let it sit for about 10 minutes and all that worked is the Phonebook.
That's not normal!

I just have to wait about a minute to get everything (phonebook, missed calls, dialled calls, received calls).

I use the SE k750i. I'm going to sell my phone. I'm used to Nokia which I like more and I'm probably going to buy a Nokia 6280.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.