Audi Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i did it!.. I removed the Onstar unit, pulled the right (i think) pins from the connector and repinned the BT connector... plugged everything in and put the box back in the floor. So.. now when i hit the "TEL" button i get a "please wait"... then "your Phone is not connected or not working blah blah."

Not much in setup options ("reset factory options, etc.)

So... I will say that i have not VAG'ed anything yet (No VAG tool :( :( :()... but i wanted to see if this sounds like normal behavior withou the VAG settings. It clearly sees the BT box (I even see "BT auth code" in the settings but it is greyed out.

Just looking for some reassurance that all the work i did this morning was at least in the right direction.

Hopefully i can get my hands on a VAG tool soon.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PROXUS said:
Yes , you need to VAG your TEL box with 0010777 to tell RNS-E that TEL is in the system.
Thanks! Now the continuing quest to find someone with a VAG tool. :shock:

·
Registered
128 Posts
how hard was it to remove the seat and Tel interface. Did you just take the lower pillar section off the passenger side, lift up the carpet and pull the box out? I am planning to do this install this weekend.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CZVT07 said:
how hard was it to remove the seat and Tel interface. Did you just take the lower pillar section off the passenger side, lift up the carpet and pull the box out? I am planning to do this install this weekend.
not too hard... jsut took a little time. Removed the seat, then the trim around door, lifted up the carpet and pulled the black box out... then you open the box, pull out the onstar unit, change pins, insert the BT part and add the BT annt... then put it all back together.

I am need to take it all apart again because the black box must not ahve been in exactly the right spot sos there is a very small "lump" in the floor. I am a bit anal... so i will go back in and fix it. I left everying in a state in which i could very easily switch back to OnStar if i wanted to.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
CZVT07 said:
Any time estimate. I am thinking about doing it today.
Thanks
2ish hours. most of the work is getting to the box.

I just noticed that someone posted that they were ab le to get Bluetooth and Onstar working together (added a second, mic, ect... grrrrr... now i have to rethink keeping Onstar installed, etc. But for now i am happy (well.. still haven't VAGed anything.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts