Audi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
What version of VAG-COM are you using? You need 510 or later.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Please tell us more about the car (model, year) and what you are trying to setup (version of Bluetooth, version of RNS-E/MMI).

Plus what VAG-COM cable you are using (HEX-COM, HEX-USB, HEX-USB+CAN, etc)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PetrolDave said:
Please tell us more about the car (model, year) and what you are trying to setup (version of Bluetooth, version of RNS-E/MMI).

Plus what VAG-COM cable you are using (HEX-COM, HEX-USB, HEX-USB+CAN, etc)
2004 a4 with RNS-E D to F, Bluetooth G? (most updated unit),
Vag-Com Hex-USB

I know I wired it wrong, on one of the connectors it doesnt plug into anything on the back of my rns-e :roll: . I have the non bose 4 plug adapter to RNS-E unit.. only 3 of the 4 plug into something, the 4th one I have wires tapped into from the wiring kit supplied from Proxus. I followed all the diagrams to a tee and also on top of the radio unit. I will take pics of the adapter and taps. I know Im an idiot but any help will be appreciated.

thanks
eric

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
having the K line dia wire connected is preventing the vag-com from communication with the navi or tele...

when I disconnect that wire it communicates with the navi but it states it cannot find the tele control module... :cry:

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Entertainment72 said:
having the K line dia wire connected is preventing the vag-com from communication with the navi or tele...

when I disconnect that wire it communicates with the navi but it states it cannot find the tele control module... :cry:
Sounds like in your wiring modifications you have shorted the K line to ground.

Get someone who has done this before to look at, check and correct your wiring modifications.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Having too many devices connected to the K line may cause this too. That's why there is the L line (or K2) in cars with more options. Try to disconnect the RNS-E while you try tpo connect to the phone interface, just as a test.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts