Audi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Blackberry website states that 2006 Audi BT kits will download the phonebook from any BB handsets with FW 4.1 or higher.

My 7135e now has BB OS 4.1.0.268.

I can pair, but I can't get a phone book (I've verified that phonebook transfer is enabled).

I have a "G" HW unit and Ive tried a "J" HW unit with no change.

Also, 40% of the time, when I turn off the key, the Blackberry crashes and reboots. Doesn't matter if I'm on a call or not or if I'm in handsfree or handset privacy mode. If I'm paired, 40% of the time, I'm rebooting.

The "J" HW has the same issue.

Any magic bullets out there?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
According to http://storage.audiusa.com/bluetooth.pdf only the 7100 and 7290 are supported beginning with MY 2006. In Audi language that means you are on your own, even though your BB should be supported because it's firmware is above the minimum requirement.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm always on my own... :)

Just wondering if anyone out there has a similar - or different -experience with the 7135e.

At this point I can't use my phone in the car unless I run a 40% chance of crrashing the handset and ending the call AND not being able to call back for 2 minutes.

I love my bb, and I can't use any carrier but VZW in my house due to lack of basement penetration by other networks.

My other options are a RAZR (tried it, hated it), an E815 (like driving a Celica), and I guess a "Q".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts