Audi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i remember reading the RNS-E had birds-eye-view, but no one here has really mentioned anything about it.. is it really a feature, does it work, any pics??..

can you have the map just follow you around without navigating??.. my friends Acura system does that and it is very helpful..

·
Registered
249 Posts
since the CD one allows for that, i would assume so does the DVD one...

i actually wish it was the default for when the unit is in "Navigation" mode, and that then you would have to tell it you want to go in actual navigation/destination mode...

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The RNS-E shows the curent location if you go to Navi and press the Map button (lower right), this is ofcourse assuming that you have a GPS antenna connected.

The pics are not very good but this one shows the plain map
[siteimg:bfcc801b25]37[/siteimg:bfcc801b25]
while this one is the 3D (bird-eye) view
[siteimg:bfcc801b25]93[/siteimg:bfcc801b25]
and this is the split screen when navigating
[siteimg:bfcc801b25]94[/siteimg:bfcc801b25]

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
aweome pics.. thanks..

i have update my EU RNS-E to SW 0100, i have 'patched' the US DVD, and i have the GPS antenna.. the last thing i need is the adapteres, cant wait!!..

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I was waiting 6 weeks total for my cables and hope it doesn't take that long for you. :?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Even COOLER: 8)
You don't need the split screen. When driving around with birds eye view,
the Navplus zooms in to the intersection. Then it shows the intersection at the same scale as is shown in the spit screen. When passing the intersection, the navplus zooms out to the scal you previously set.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i noticed on my friends Acura, the name of the road he is on was displayed on the bottom of his map.. even when not navigating..

i know when navigating the current road is displayed on the DIS and when not navigating if the compass is on it will show the road i am on, but with the compass on you cant see much else on the DIS..

is there any way to display the road you are driving on on the nav screen (either nav'ing or not)??..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts