Audi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the best way to trim the face plate on the 8E0 unit for my B5 S4?? Theres a lot there that needs to be shaved off...

PS I think the color of the Nav+ better fits the interior color than the stock Symphony Unit and Climate control.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm working on a solution for the face plate mis-fit in the B5, that will not only fit without cutting, but will also eliminate the side gaps..

It isn't quite done yet, but it will be shortly!! The fit will be OEM perfect! and the it will allow you to retain your current faceplate to be used in the event you decide to sell your unit in the future.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LI-S4 said:
I'm working on a solution for the face plate mis-fit in the B5, that will not only fit without cutting, but will also eliminate the side gaps..

It isn't quite done yet, but it will be shortly!! The fit will be OEM perfect! and the it will allow you to retain your current faceplate to be used in the event you decide to sell your unit in the future.
Care to explain further? I'm about to complete my install. I just need to rewire my cluster

·
Registered
72 Posts
Not much more to tell you...

Once you have the bottom of your faceplate trimmed you will still have the small gaps at the sides. I found this unaccpetable so I designed and created a replacement faceplate that is both trimmed to fit at the bottom and sized appropriately so as to have no gaps on the sides.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
CMarkham said:
Whats the best way to trim the face plate on the 8E0 unit for my B5 S4?? Theres a lot there that needs to be shaved off...

As has been posted here many times the A6 (4B0) version of the RNS-E is a better fit in the B5 A4 than the A4 (8E0) version. You still need to do some trimming, but the gap problem is much less.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
If this was available at a reasonable price, I know many RS4 B5 owners that would want one.

LI-S4 said:
Not much more to tell you...

Once you have the bottom of your faceplate trimmed you will still have the small gaps at the sides. I found this unaccpetable so I designed and created a replacement faceplate that is both trimmed to fit at the bottom and sized appropriately so as to have no gaps on the sides.

·
Registered
72 Posts
craigyb said:
If this was available at a reasonable price, I know many RS4 B5 owners that would want one.
Indeed, I did a poll on a few of the Audi B5 forums...Asked of the RNSE owners...If the solution was available, was factory correct in fittment and color, would you be interested in a retro fit? 63% of the respondants answered Yes.

Asked of those owners who would like RNSE but haven't bought yet...Is the gap/trimming the reason you have not yet bought? 71% yes. And, If the solution was available, was factory correct in fittment and color, would you be interested in it if it came with your NAV unit? You can figure the result.

This was my motivation.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Please keep us updated (pictures), that's great news for all the B5 owners.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts