1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I read the forum:

max count of files/folders = 512

But, I use also big mp3's (live concerts) of 75 MB.

What card do you recommend? (I just sent my no-name 4GB card back to the shop because they didn't work on my HP 6220 notebook).

thanks

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
max count of files/folders = 512, but when you use large MP3-files that count as 1 file (like the ones you have of 75 MB) the restriction is not the number of files (because 4GB/75MB = about 50-55 files, so no problem with the restriction of 512), but the max. size of the card: 4GB

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
As my signature says I use SD cards from 1GB right up to 4GB - depending on how much of a particular type of music I want.

I use "no name" 4GB cards with no problem.

·
Registered
159 Posts
4GB cards are certainly handy for high bitrates or larger files and as you can get high speed ones for under £40 now they also provide the best storage/price ratio.

With 8GB cards on the horizon I'm wondering whether the RNS will cope with them. Even with the 512 limit I'd be tempted as I could put some stuff on there as one massive MP3 of the entire album.

·
Registered
65 Posts
some 4gb cards (the current ones out) are sd1.1 and will work in the rns-e

newer 4gb labelled SDHC and anything larger than 4gb wont work in the rns-e - whether this is software upgradable i dont know - i suspect not because it uses a different physical address system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.