Audi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically I am looking for the best card to get when looking at these parameters. Space, speed, price. Can you not use a regular standard sandisk SD card, are they too slow?

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello,

of course you can use these and they arent too slow... i prefer kingston cards i got two 1GB cards and they work just great for me.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I am also using 2 Kingston cards of 1 Gb each.

Very good cards if you ask me!

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
There isn't a simple "yes or no" answer to the question - can I use standard SD cards?

If you search these forums you will find many people who have an RNS-E that will not reliably read standard speed SD cards, you will also find many people who can use standard speed SD cards.

I've tried both in my RNS-E and standard SD cards just won't read reliably for me - so I use only high-speed cards.

The only way to tell if a standard speed SD card will work in YOUR RNS-E is to buy one and try it - and if it doesn't work in your RNS-E then you've got an RNS-E that needs high-speed cards.

As usual, you pays your money and you makes your choice.

·
Registered
515 Posts
unfortunately PetrolDave and others have had problems with cheap cards..

i guess i am one of the lucky ones, i am using (2) of the cheapest 1GB cards i can find (not even sure what brand they are) and they both have worked flawlessly for almost a year now.. i update the music every other month or so..

i am just sharing my experience, your results may vary..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts