Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to bench test Bluetooth?

I have previously coded te BT and RNS-E while it was in the car. I hooked it up on the bench, but can't get my phone to connect. The only things not connected are the mic and the K-line.

Should I be able to test the functionality?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
IIRC we have confirmed in the early days that the BT interface needs to see an instrument cluster to start working. Without a cluster it may not go into a "ready" state to allow pairing a phone. If it's factory new it may also have BT not enabled.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
I do bench testing for bluetooth modules but you can only power it up, connect to VAG program the codes and pair with the phone.
Functionality is not gonna Shen up on the NAV even K-line and cans are connected.

For that you will need instrument cluster.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
A canbus emulator will also do the same job.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does it lose the VAG codes. I pulled the NAV and BT from my car (fully functioning). But I can't get my phone to find the BT module anymore.

Will CANBUS emulator get the NAV to show a fully functioning BT?

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
To pair your phone with BT interface you will need just power and antenna.
If Interface is coded properly and power is in, you should be able to detect BT device (Audi + some numbers) on your phone

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.