Audi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BBC out did himself (again). The install of the "J" series BT is complete in my '02 Allroad. Ben picked up the car at my house, drove it to Audi of Mission Viejo and then installed the BT kit. This is the only way to fly when you got a 2 and 5 year old and Mom's at work.

So far Ben has: installed the RNS-e with a factory harness integrating XM, Phatnoise, DVD w/ TV tuner, aftermarket amplified TV antenna (concealed), factory submarine (SAT) antenna with diversity antennas added (and integrated) for XM, AM, FM and TV in the rear back windows and added the factory blue tooth into the RNS-e. This is the latest version (J) that has integrated the voice control into the unit. It works so well it's scary. The factory steering wheel controls EVERYTHING PERFECTLY. The DIS displays every frick'n thing better than I could ever imagine on my '02.

He also added an additional plug which goes to the "input" of a portable DVD player which rests nest to the cup holders on the hump. A stealthy switch (thanks Ted!) for video in motion was also added along with the D1417 & D1380. I've never experienced a dealership with this level of service. Thanks Ben!!!

Michael ’02 Allroad 6SP M
Anyone in LA or O.C. want to trade the 3rd row seat out of their AR or Avant for cash? The DLR (Ben) will perform the work.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Nice work Ben...and Mike. I knew you wouldn't stop upgrading your allroad/RNSE with just my harness stuff. Ben is DA MAN for SoCali installs. Good stuff!!!

When you reference the "J" BT module and control, I assume you mean that all the phone functions are controlled via the MFSW...and not nav commands. Correct?

:)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, All phone controls via MFSW..

In a coulple of month I have him order the set of new buttons with the phone icon and r/t on the other side. It's a really sweet deal. I just discovered that you can continue your call after you switch off the ignition. The system will shut off after the call has ended.

Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!!
Happy birthday to me tomorrow!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts