Audi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When everything seems fine, my car's battery will dye. I haven't checked whether or not my AMP turn on wire is connected to pin D13 and not D16 yet. But what is weird is that I have recently left my car sitting for 2 weeks at the airport and came back and the car started perfectly. But two days later after driving around and letting it sit for the night, the battery is dead.

Is this normal for the battery drain from the AMP turn on? I mean why would it not kill the battery after two weeks but drain it while sitting at the hotel for the night.

I'm outside in the garage now to check the AMP turn on but I wanted to ask this question and get some thoughts.

Another question:

I've got my Bluetooth & Deitz module connected to pin D16. Does this pin connection only give power once the car is turned on?

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I checked my harness and I don't have the AMP turn on connected to D16 and it is connected to the right pin D13.

What I do have connected to D16 is my Bluetooth module and a Deitz module. Would this cause the battery to drain?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
If your car was fine for 2 weeks then I doubt it is anything regarding your nav system. Perhaps some other part of your electrical system has failed.

You can check the current usage across your Radio fuse to make sure it is not drawing too much power. For reference, after the RNS-E shuts down completely (about 30 seconds after key removal) the current usage across my radio fuse (includnig RNS-E, XM, Bluetooth, and TV) is about 5 mA.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.