Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have any of you experienced a loss in bass after a upgrade freom sym II to rns-e?

i know i have the correct harness. i have sym II bose and the harness has 3 connectors going into the square connector to rsn-e.

just wondering if anybody has experienced a loss in bass.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Only if you don't have the Bose pin properly grounded and/or the head unit not coded for Bose/non-Bose. Check pin 7 in connector B and make it is grounded or connected to to the proper pin in connector III.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I think the bass is not as good as my sym II

I agree I just did an upgrade and I dont think the sound is as rich as it was with my symphony II. I think its coded for bose and will check again tommorrow.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RE:

i have it coded to 0309111

i have a 04 s4b6 with bose and sym II.

i will check the cable tonight when i get home.

thanks!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RE:

0xxxx?x: Options I
1 - default
2 - Digital-Radio
3 - Satelite-Radio
4 - Satelite- and Digital-Radio

should i code option 1 to '2'?

is an 04 s4b6 considered to have digital-radio?

i have a bass problem across the board, whether the source is cd/mp3/radio, bass is lacking, significantly. mids/highs are fine. just bass is lacking.

i will check the pins tonight.

does anybody have the pin/connector diagram? i have tried to search for it and didnt have much luck. but will try again.

tia

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
In the US it's option 3 for XM/Sirius. Look on the top cover of the RNS-E, the diagram is there and shows where pin B7 is.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RE

I have checked the pins. The connector are grounded and all the pins are in.

I have put the fader all the way to rear and there are sounds coming out out but has absolutely no bass. As applies when I turn the fader all the way to the front.

Does this mean that the bose amp is 'on'?

I have run out of ideas at this point.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts