Audi Forum banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
I'm not sure that I understand your question. The guy in motor-talk.de used the controller from a R8 part nr.: 420 910 441.
You obviously DID understand the question since you've posted the Audi part number!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Try thinking outside the box then & sometimes we have to do things without kufatec kits!! As hard as this may seem.

This is an interesting mod, the issue with the lines being out must be down to the car dimensions anyway surely, I suspect as its an R8 module its already preprogrammed for the car widths etc no? What you think Dave?

When I get elsa & etka backup then I'll have a look into this

·
Registered
25 Posts
As I understand the German post, he managed to callibrate the lines to fit the width an steering of an A3.
The problem is that the guidelines looks like they are 15 cm above the groundlevel and that might be because of the cameraposition on an A3 would be higher than in a R8.

·
Registered
357 Posts
This would seem the logical thought process given the R8 is basically a lower car, actually its a lambo but thats another discussion, lol, I wonder if the cam can be calibrated more to allow for heights, maybe it has somewhere to input the fixed position height of the camera, knowing audi I doubt, but worth a question to my master tech guy.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The kit is horrifically expensive :( you have to have the Controller, the Audi OEM camera AND the Audi OEM Park assist.

How did he calibrate the controller from what I was told (audi) the unit is pre programmed.

Btw the Q5 has a unit like this as well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
you have to have the Controller, the Audi OEM camera AND the Audi OEM Park assist.
It's expensive allright

420 910 441 = Steuergerät mit Software für Rückfahrkamera 201,71 €
420 907 392 A = Halter für Steuergerät 12,91 €
420 980 551 = Rückfahrkamera 198,14 €
420 980 563 = Aufnahme für die Kamera 11,54 €
420 980 565 = Verschlussdeckel für die Rückfahrkamera 11,54 €
420 980 561 = Halter für die Rückfahrkamera 5,83 €

but the park assist is not required!

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
This is an interesting mod, the issue with the lines being out must be down to the car dimensions anyway surely, I suspect as its an R8 module its already preprogrammed for the car widths etc no? What you think Dave?
I'd rather have lines wide enough for an R8 than lines that are too narrow!

Anyway a reversing camera is just another guide, once you get close you should be using your mirrors as well and not 100% relying on the camera. I used to drive RVs (8ft wide, 10ft tall, 25ft long) and the combination of a camera and mirrors were the ONLY way to park them!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,
I'm a new french meber of the community, so please excuse for my unperfect english.

I just read the five pages of that subject. I'm planning the installation of a backup camera on my 2006 A4 B7/8E. I'm wondering if the R8 module will be compatible with my car on my RNS-E?

Thanks for your answer

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
I'm planning the installation of a backup camera on my 2006 A4 B7/8E. I'm wondering if the R8 module will be compatible with my car on my RNS-E?
AFAIK nobody has got trajectory lines working on the B6/B7.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts