Audi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, thanks for checkin this out. I'm pretty confused and need some sage advice.
Looking to install NAV in a new 06 S4...shoulda got it with the car from the factory i know...but anyways, wanna do it now. Dealership says i need a nav system in the trunk, new wiring, new antennas, new in-dash radio/system etc etc... they told me it'd be over $10,000 to do this!! What the heck, so much conflicting information, it seems to me that the install is actually pretty straight forward as long as you know exactly what you need. Since when do you need another box in the trunk for this??
Any information would be appreciated, Cheers! :)

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
They are confusing your car with the new A6 and A8 which do have an indash screen and DVD drive in the trunk.

Your retrofit will be simple and if you do just the nav unit (without sat radio, bluetooth, tv, etc) you can get a complete package for $1500 or less.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Complete package

There is a complete package for $1500? Where can I get in touch with this seller?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been browsing this site for a few weeks and finally taken the dive. Ordered the RNS-E from the dealer (J version) and a few necessary items from elsewhere. I'll write a section on the install when i'm done. Many thanks to all here who have helped disseminating information that is very useful. I won't sing too many praises until it's fait accompli ;)
Cheers

·
Registered
189 Posts
Can I ask how much the dealer charges for the unit? I assume you had to buy an adapter from a 3rd party to make it fit?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's pretty close to what i paid, and yes you need an harness for the new unit. Check out "nav parts" they're pretty good with shipping and such. I'd stay away from Kufatec if i did it again, they were pretty useless for information and shipping, besides they're in Germany if you have a problem and no-english is what you'll run into.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts