Audi Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, first of all wow thanks for an amazing forum ! I would never have taken on a chorus 1 din to double don RNS-E without spneding a LOT of time here first !

However I have hit the classic "rear speakers wont work prob"..... I have aa 2001 B6 A4 non bose, origional with a chorus radio/tape only (Its a british spec car in the UK).

I have checked ouver my harness using the symph guide thanks to NXJJR and seems ok apart from the Alam GND pin 14 connector D is missing.

Is it possible the amp isnt powed up because its missing a ground.

I have checcked connector 5, 8 and 11 on connector C which seem ok.

Please help !

Otherwise the install went ok, took a LONG time to modify the centre console properly, the red display (I dont have the full DIS) decided to show NAV info once and once only) but I havent VAGed in yet and it took a couple of miles driving around before it decided I wasnt in a field.......

Any help on the rear speaker thing much appreciated !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update !

I unplugged my rns-e and reconnected my old tape/radio Chorus and the back speakers dont work then either..........

I therefore must think that either the amp has failed or I have a popped fuse somewhere ..........

Also, I tried the "setting a route and turning the rns-e off and on again " and the nav guidance arrows appear on my red display ! (this is a non-DIS car)...... makes me wonder !

Its going in to Audi on Wed to have its airbag wiring inder the drivers seat replaced so I will get them to VAG it properly...... mayvbe they will tell me why the rear speakers dont work !

Any help is welcomed !

Thank you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.