Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new to this forum and did some snooping around looking for info on retrofitting this steering wheel on a '03 B6.

It doesn't have the BT/RNS-E controls just the TIP shift controls (if i'm not mistaken)

this is the one i'm talkin about:

Can anyone point me to a good thread or DIY that shows how to retrofit this onto my 2003 B6A4 w/ TIP and NO shift controls from steering wheel?

Thanks in advance.

PS, i'm ordering the RNS-E soon, so you'll be seeing more of me on this site for sure =)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hmmm

ok. i'm finding more and more information the deeper i dig into the search results...

But still would like feedback from anyone that would like to contribute :D

from what i read, most people are looking for the A3 w/ paddle shifters...which appear to require a different SC ring when retrofitting on B6.

since i'm going from a 2005 B6 to a 2003 B6, it looks like the swap is more straight forward?

Thanks again,
Brian

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
I did installation video for S-Line steering wheel back in time:

[flash width=500 height=320 loop=false:920c369336]http://www.eurotuning.tv/archive/photos/17/1781509/1125008270-6.swf[/flash:920c369336]

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
NICE

^^ that's awesome!!! just wondering about the TIP controls though...and what is entailed if going from a steering wheel W/OUT tip to a wheel WITH tip controls...

Thanks for that vid though!

Brian

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
If you want to enable TIP controls you will need extra module. If I remember correctly this is connected somewhere in shifter area.
There was detailed writeup somewhere on audizine forum.

I did retrofit to B7 wheel with TIP pads but never bothered to connect TIP pads. I was mostly after volume rolls ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
donde?

Proxus, do you happen to know who started the thread on AZ about this conversion. i searched to no avail.

from what i read, the 03 tip tronic may have the module already.

If not, then really i need to track down the p/n for the module...

thanks,
brian

1 - 7 of 7 Posts