Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a RNS-E kit with harness and everything for my 2001 s4. I tried searching, but the search seems confusing to me. Im looking for tips/pictures/ etc.. for the install to make it as easy as possible. I could find a thred on it, although there may be one.

Also, i want to install a DVD in the car, i was wondering what players the b5 s4/a4 guys use and where you mounted them. Thanks big time for any help.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
You might want to check my website. I have a complete install guide for symphony I to RNS-E conversion. It is written for a C5 A6, but it will 99% be the same for your B5.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NSX JR said:
You might want to check my website. I have a complete install guide for symphony I to RNS-E conversion. It is written for a C5 A6, but it will 99% be the same for your B5.
Just the man i wanted to hear from. I heard a lot of references to your guide... Just out of curiosity what is 1% different between the installs?

Also which climate control do i need to match the rns-e?

And does anyone have pics of a dvd player installed in a b5 s4?

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tractorman said:
possibly the 1% difference is that his is an A6 and your car is an S4......!!
Yea but theoretically the install between an a6 and an s4 could be 100% identical.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Your reverse wire is in a different place if you want to connect it. I never worry about them anymore because the RNS-E is pretty quick correcting itself if it gets off location after traveling in reverse. Also the pictures I have in the guide are obviously of an A6 interior and your A4 interior trim pieces will be a bit different.

There is no B5 climate control that will match the RNS-E because the B5 was never made with the "soul" black interior. The difference is not that noticable except in bright sunlight and is a very small price to pay for all the upgrades you get by installing the RNS-E.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NSX JR said:
Your reverse wire is in a different place if you want to connect it. I never worry about them anymore because the RNS-E is pretty quick correcting itself if it gets off location after traveling in reverse. Also the pictures I have in the guide are obviously of an A6 interior and your A4 interior trim pieces will be a bit different.

There is no B5 climate control that will match the RNS-E because the B5 was never made with the "soul" black interior. The difference is not that noticable except in bright sunlight and is a very small price to pay for all the upgrades you get by installing the RNS-E.
Great info thanks. Does anyone know a good dvd player to go with, and a good location on the B5's to install it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts