Audi Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched and read tonnes of info here over the last 2 months, however it's not until you install that you realise you don't know as much as you thought.

I am in Europe (UK) and have an Audi S4 B5 (2000) with BOSE and the A6 Unit 4B0 035 192 P:

SW: 0550
HW: H47
MAP: M1N061018_ENG0603

(Is it recommended I upgrade my firmware?)

Where I am at:

The 'Plug and cable' works to a point, I've read all the post regarding how these are not reliable, so i've been checking the pins.

The unit works, including Nav, the sound comes from all the speakers in the correct way (fading and left to right) and the Bose sub works fine.

I have not taken the CAN H and CAN L signals from behind the cluster as yet (one step at a time).

I have coded the Unit to tell it it's an A6, also the software code 0509111 (A6 with Bose and nothing else). I've checked channel 62 and it reads 5 (I have the old Sat Nav III)

Problems so far:

1) Sometimes when I unplug the unit (with it switched off) I hear a small thump from my Bose Amp or Sub.

I *HAVE* rewired RNS-E B7 (Bose Pin) to Connecter IV 10 (CD Ground) and RNS-E D13 goes to Connector I pin 6 (Switched Live)

However VAG-COM reads (even after i reset the DTC's)

02005 - Coding Pin
004 - No Signal/Communication
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01100100
Fault Priority: 5
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 12

2) Setting channel for voice commands, initally the unit read 03226 and the nav voice came from left speaker. I have tried to set the code to 02632 but it will not accept it, I can set it to 00013, BUT then the Nav voice comes from BOTH front speakers.

-> Channel 136 (Voice commands)
00005 - LHD (USA)
00013 - RHD (USA)
02632 - RHD (Europe)
03226 - LHD (Europe)

3) various VAG-COM Errors:

Databus is obviously because I haven't re-routed CAN, but Speaker Front and Right??

Address 56: Radio
Control Module Part Number: 4B0 035 192 P
Component and/or Version: RNS-E HIGH EU H47 0550
Software Coding: 0509111
Work Shop Code: WSC 00027

00858 - Connection; Radio ZF Output to Antenna Amplifier
011 - Open Circuit
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01101011

Freeze Frame:
Mileage: 655350 km
Count: 65535
Clock: 255:255

00878 - Connection to Speaker Front Left
011 - Open Circuit
Freeze Frame:

00879 - Connection to Speaker Front Right
011 - Open Circuit
Freeze Frame:

01305 - Databus for Infotainment
Freeze Frame:
Fault Frequency: 2

02005 - Coding Pin
Freeze Frame:

-----------------------------------------------

Would appreciate any advise people have on these issues, I am wondering if any are caused by the fact that my Sat Nav III is still installed in the car, this means Connector IV has a few more pins etc and the Sat Nav III uses the DIS as well.

Thanks and Happy Easter!

Rich

·
Registered
264 Posts
BOSE-pin not connected

Your BOSE-pin RNS-E B7 is not connected to ground. Even though you have connected this pin to CD-ground it is not connected to ground, since you don't appear to have any CD-connected, according to the coding you've made: 0509111.

This is why you have the fault-codes. Since you haven't grounded the BOSE-pin, the front-speakers (Connector A) are active, but not connected (obviously since you have BOSE). Fault-code 02005 also releveals that the BOSE-pin is not connected to ground, even though you have coded the RNS-E to have a BOSE-system active.

Connect the RNS-E B7 to the ground pin instead RNS-E D12 (31) and all your troubles will go away.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nikolas, thank you so much, this worked great and those fault codes have gone.

The amp still makes a small thump when I unplug my RNS-E? Maybe it's connected somewhere else?? I'll check the connections.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All is good now, from further reading it seems the BOSE amp is kept on by the RNS-E for a little while.

I also connected the CAN H and L signals today, everything worked perfectly straight away, Nav is shown in the DIS and unit lights come on, Unit goes off when key is switched off.

Thanks for everyones help on this forum.

Still waiting for my Double Din console/cage to arrive, then I can start enjoying my RNS-E.

Mac Mini next!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually the only fault I get now is:

00858 - Connection; Radio ZF Output to Antenna Amplifier

Where is the Antenna amplifier? I have a spare lead out of the Antenna that come with my harness, where does this go?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Did you have two antenna wires on your Symphony or Concert radio? Both should be connected to the RNS-E to make this fault go away.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not as far as I know. I had upgraded the Concert I stereo previously, 95% sure there was only one Antenna?

The Antenna cable I got with my Plug and Play unit, i'm guessing has a connector for a diversity adaptor, don't think I have one of these?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The Concert I didn't have diversity. Unless you swap the diversity box (above the read window in a B6, no idea where it sits in a B5) and rewire it you won't be able to get rid of that fault.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for you reply.

I don't quite understand but I can certainly learn to live with this error!

My AM reception was never good on my Concert or my aftermarket unit, wonder if this has anything to do with it.

This is the Antenna I have

·
Registered
996 Posts
reserves said:
Not as far as I know. I had upgraded the Concert I stereo previously, 95% sure there was only one Antenna?

The Antenna cable I got with my Plug and Play unit, i'm guessing has a connector for a diversity adaptor, don't think I have one of these?
In the C5 with single din Concert I, there is only one antenna - NOT two.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, so do I just disconnect the other Antenna from the supplied cable? Or will I still always get this error anyway?

Can anyone tell me what a diverstity antenna does?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Diversity is for FM only, AM reception has nothing to do with diversity. The diversity module tells the head unit what on what frequencies it receiving the current station and the head unit tells the diversity module, which of those frequencies to choose for best reception. Since you don't have diversity, there is nothing to choose from.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts