Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, this is my first post here, but I've been a lurker for a long time. I had a MFD Navi version D in my VW which I loved. I had hooked up my XM Sat Radio and iPod to it via the Dietz 1213 AUX adapter. Everything worked flawlessly.

Here's a few pics:

But then in June I sold the VW and bought a 2001 allroad. Since the VW MFD Navi ver. G and the Audi RNS-D Navi are similar in many ways I decided to get the RNS-D. I wanted to get my iPod or XM radio to work with it and in the past 2 months I've unsuccesfully have been attemting just that. Here's teh list of my attempts:

I tried the Dietz 1213 adapter for the back of the stereo. It didn't work.

I tried the P.I.E. BLAU/8-RCA Input Adapter for the back of the stereo. It didn't work.

I tried the P.I.E. RCA Input Adapter for the CD changer in the trunk. It didn't work.

I even bought the Audi iPod Adaptor for the back of the stereo. That didn't work either. The iPod is getting charged, it shows teh Audi logo for a second then shows "OK to disconnect." The RNS-D shows "CD Changer" for about 5 seconds, then switches to "No CD Changer."

I haven't tried the Blitzsafe trunk-mounted RCA adapter, or the icelink iPod connector, but after trying all the above options, I'm just tired of spending money on equipment that doesn't work.

I recoded the car w. VAG-COM prior to installing the Navi and the audio components.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Did you check the magic black wires (pin 10) that must be conencted to ground? That's the only reason I can think of why the Audi iPod adapter wouldn't work.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
ilko44 said:
I recoded the car w. VAG-COM prior to installing the Navi and the audio components.
Have you checked for, and cleared, any fault codes since you did the install?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UPDATE:

I finally got XM and the iPod hooked up courtesy of a Blitsafe adaptor I purchased from Enfig. Awesome service by Christian, I'm so happy to be back in the sat radio/ipod game :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.