Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thought it might help some people if we all listed each UK Audi dealer and what they intend to charge for the UK TMC upgrade so i will start it off...

Newton Abbot Audi - FOC
Swindon Audi - FOC
Slough Audi - £100

·
Registered
18 Posts
GeoffW said:
Blackburn Audi are due to do mine on Friday FOC
Done this morning :D

Got nearly a mile from the dealers before TMC was crossed out again!! Has come back now, but no Info yet.....

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Newton Abbot Audi - FOC
Swindon Audi - FOC
Slough Audi - £100
Blackburn Audi FOC
Stratford Audi FOC
Lancaster Bristol Audi - free of charge
Leeds Audi - FOC
Stafford Audi ... FOC

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am assuming that all the dealers listed above have only exchanged discs for those cars within the warranty period and that had their RNS-E's factory fitted. If anyone knows any different please post.

I have emailed Stafford Audi, through eBay, to see whether they would exchange my disc via post even though my RNS-E was not factory fitted but my A3 is within warranty but I have not received a reply. Thanks.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Bosses A6 done this afternoon by Listers in Coventry and FOC. They had a lot of grief with it apparently and it needed hooking up to the online system but they got it sorted eventually. At least they're up to speed with the FOC upgrade now so add them to the list.

Oh, and we even had a spin in an RS4 Avant while we were waiting :)

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
mactrack said:
I am assuming that all the dealers listed above have only exchanged discs for those cars within the warranty period and that had their RNS-E's factory fitted. If anyone knows any different please post.

I have emailed Stafford Audi, through eBay, to see whether they would exchange my disc via post even though my RNS-E was not factory fitted but my A3 is within warranty but I have not received a reply. Thanks.
Check over on www.tyresmoke.net - there's several owners with retrofitted RNS-E that have reported on there that they have received the upgrade FOC.

I'm pretty sure that one of them was in a 2001/2 car, so that would have been out of warranty too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Finchley Road Audi are charging me £100 (inc VAT) to upgrade my 04 Allroad. They've discussed it with Audi. The disc is free. But I have to pay for the flash upgrade. Seems like the current free offer only applies to A4 and A3. They say it's not a manufacturing fault. Can't be arsed to argue. A free 2007 disc is OK. Would've cost £300 or more usuallyl.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Warrington Audi wanted £210 for the disc + fitting, said it was a special promotion and not applicable to all.

Lancaster Audi Manchester FOC upgrade.
Booked car in, two week lead time though...

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
audidoody said:
Finchley Road Audi are charging me £100 (inc VAT) to upgrade my 04 Allroad. They've discussed it with Audi. The disc is free. But I have to pay for the flash upgrade. Seems like the current free offer only applies to A4 and A3. They say it's not a manufacturing fault. Can't be arsed to argue. A free 2007 disc is OK. Would've cost £300 or more usuallyl.
Tell them to contact Tom Peterkin at Audi - I specifically asked him about A6 and RS6 since they were not mentioned in the original letter on Desktop, and he replied that the FOC upgrade applies to all vehicles fitted with an RNS-E.

What Finchley Road Audi are doing is charging you as though your Allroad has an MMI system - which it doesn't! They've got it wrong.

Don't let them get away with wrongly charging you £117.50!

·
Registered
159 Posts
The A6 confuses the hell out of the dealers. You say A6 and they immediately think you mean the C6 with MMI, then you tell them it's an old C5 and they then claim that never came with DVD-based nav.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi all...

Upgrade got done yesterday FOC from Stafford Audi, They did ask for my original 2005 DVD Though.... Never mind got a £300 upgrade free on a retro fitted RNS-E .. Dealer said Audi dont want people selling there old dvds on ebay etc.... Thats why they collecting them in,,,,

Took about 15 mins....... Quality....... :wink:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Had my A2 (yes, A2!) done last week by Smith Knight Fay Audi FOC. They wanted my original 2006 disc back as part of the 'warranty' work.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
a3moo said:
They did ask for my original 2005 DVD though.

Dealer said Audi don't want people selling their old DVDs on eBay etc...

That's why they collecting them in.
If anyone only has a "backup" DVD and this stops the dealer from upgrading their RNS-E under this warranty scheme, I have 1 only of the very original 2004 DVDs 8P0 919 884 (with SW 0050!) which I am willing to sell.

It's a museum piece!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
PetrolDave said:
If anyone only has a "backup" DVD and this stops the dealer from upgrading their RNS-E under this warranty scheme, I have 1 only of the very original 2004 DVDs 8P0 919 884 (with SW 0050!) which I am willing to sell.

It's a museum piece!!!
Doesn't that software allow the tv in motion flag to be changed and more importantly, remembered?

If so, it'll be a museum piece worth a bob or two!
Cheers.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
AudiDudey said:
Doesn't that software allow the tv in motion flag to be changed and more importantly, remembered?
Never tried it ...

Can anyone confirm whether SW 0050 allowed the VIM flag to be set to 250?

If so - I'm tempted to downgrade to 0050, set the VIM to 250 and re-upgrade to 0550!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts