Audi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installation of RNSE-1 in my Audi S3

I did try to combine the blue 26-legged plug from the old Navi plus with leg no. 9 and 10 from the new RNSE-1. Did not have any luck.

I did code 17-62-5.

Now I really need some help! Did you find your way? or did you not find any can in your S3?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Did you remove the TMC tuner and bridge the CAN wires there?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I did not. I have removed the TMC tuner. But what do I connect with or how do I do it? Can you give me a detailed description?

I do understand that the can is disconnected but I dont see where I get the second can from?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What wireing will you suggest to solve my problem?

2 CAN Low Connect the CAN L wire you removed from pin 12 of the 20 pin connector on the Symphony II.
3 CAN High Connect the CAN H wire you removed from pin 7 of the 20 pin connector on the Symphony II.
6 + 12 Volt You can "steal" this from Nav plus connector 3, pin 7
8 CAN Low (info) Connect a wire from this pin, to the 26 pin connector on the Nav Plus, pin 26
9 CAN High (info) Connect a wire from this pin, to the 26 pin connector on the Nav Plus, pin 13
12 Ground You can "steal" this from Nav plus connector 3, pin 8

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Connect pin 8 to pin 2 and pin 9 to 3, this you get you the CAN infotainment from the cluster on the 26 pin connector from your old RNS-D.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.