Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MY NAVIGATION DO NOT WORK ANYMORE OR ANY COMMANDS....IT SHOW ME ON THE SCREEN THAT I NEED ORIGINAL CD-ROM,WHAT THAT MEANS????
I NEED THE NAVIGATION SOFTWARE PROGRAM????I ASKED AT AUDI AND THEY CAN NOT HELP ME,I AM FROM ROMANIA AND AUDI HERE IS NOT SO SMART :)
MY CAR IS A 2003 AUDI CABRIO AND IT IS AMERICAN MODEL,THE NAVI TO.
ANYONE CAN TELL ME WHAT I NEED,WHAT CD,WHAT SOFTWARE AND FROM WHERE I CAN FIND THAT?
I WAS LOOKING ON EBAY AND NO NAVI PLUS Audi RNS-E Navigation SOFTWARE CD THERE.....
PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
First: you should not write all caps, that's hard to read and usually understood as shouting out loud.
Second: Please post the past numbers of the Navigation Plus and DVD or CD you are using, that will help to recommend the next steps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
item nr from ebay - 9723056068

I bought the item from ebay,item from ebay is 9723056068 and the navigation Part number: 8E0 035 192C.
The only thing on the screen is a text in chinesse and the text in english is " set original CD_ROM "and i think i need a software cd or something like this,please help me!

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Sounds like you got something like this:
[siteimg:1b3e7a789d]525[/siteimg:1b3e7a789d]

If you are lucky then removing all power and letting it sit for a while will bring it back to life. At least did it work in this case: http://www.navplus.us/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2507

In other cases inserting the original (not a copy) DVD after a complete power off helped. Wait a couple of minutes after powering it back on to see the software update process beginning. In any case, use an original DVD and make sure that the DVD drive is not damaged.

I have seen this once when I was playing with firmware update on my RNS-E and the message usually appears when a software update gets interrupted so that no valid oprating system is installed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok,i will try

could you tell me what original dvd are you talking about? the navigation map dvd or a navi software dvd because a map dvd i can buy one,i do not have yet but a software dvd where i can find one????

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i need to know what dvd i need to order and from where?

i need to know what dvd i need to order and from where?
the car was bought as a 2nd hand car and i do not have a dvd.
please help me!

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
You will need an original map DVD for your region, no copy or backup. Insert the map DVD after removing all power for a couple of hours and see what happens.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts