Audi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In know, most of you only want to know the 0-60 times and when it will be available but there is one interesting picture on fourtitude.com showing the R8 and its multi media center. It doesn't look like the Lamboghini RNS-E we know and it doesn't look like the MMI systems in the A6/A8/Q7. But it could be the first multi component RNS system. Or just a 2 1/2 DIN unit that doesn't fit in any other car.

read more on fourtitude.com

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Looks like they realigned buttons for Nuvolari project.
I suspect that is the same RNS-E system but faceplate is separated into display and lower control panel. It is not really hard to do it especially that button control pannel was always part of the faceplate.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
smash said:
I hope they finally took the hint that we need a touchscreen... but I doubt it
Doubt it - it looks no more than a re-packaged RNS-E to me.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
I don't think that Audi / Aisin will decide to go with touchscreen anytime soon.
Redesigning RNS-E and MMI interfaces to accomodate touchscreen would be like building those systems almost from scratch. Cost of changing production line and scope would be too high not to mention fact that why to change something that won as a one of the best navigation systems in 2005.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hope they won't go ever with a touch screen, don't like fingerprints on the display and the MMI controls work quite well once you got familiar with them.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Copied from the R8 spec list....

* RNS-E: FM & AM reception with single CD drive (MP3 capable), 2 slots for MMC/SD memory cards
for the playing of MP3 files, 6.5"" TFT colour display, 7 loudspeakers and 5 channel amplifier, total
power 140 Watt.

·
Registered
142 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.